- We are looking for an excellent practitioner that is ready to join middle leadership combining your passion for teaching with a whole school responsibility. This post will provide you with opportunities to demonstrate the leadership skills necessary to make a real difference to student lives.
Applications are welcome from experienced teachers particularly in English, though this is not essential to the role.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate a strong pastoral background, to support the wider schools ethos and values in raising students achievement (progress, attendance, behaviour and attitudes) for a year group, ensuring disadvantaged students excel.
The successful candidate will:
The successful candidate will:
- Understanding of the importance of having high expectations for all students, both of behaviour and academic achievement.
- Understanding of inclusive provision and practices, which offer equality of access to the curriculum for all students, including special educational needs, English as an additional language and high achievers.
Harris Academy Orpington opened in September 2016, joining the highly successful Federation of Harris academies in London. We are on our journey to outstanding and are ambitious and looking forward to an exciting future as we highlight our work as a Health Science Specialist school, with students being given access to recognised professional qualifications and careers.
At HarrisAcademy Orpington, we have the most incredible facilities, staff and students and we are very proud of the work that our students do here. We have developed a curriculum that is ambitious and broad. We believe people need to nurture an appreciation of human creativity and achievement and have designed a curriculum that does just that.
We aim to ensure that every student is inspired and supported to achieve his/her personal best and learning comes first. Our motto is “Together We Can” and if you are interested in joining us, we would be very pleased to meet you.
The purpose of your role will be:
- To be accountable for leading,
managing and developing the subject area.
- To raise standards of student
attainment and achievement within the whole subject/curriculum area and to
monitor and support student progress.
- To ensure the provision of an
appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for
students studying in the department, in accordance with the aims of the academy
and the curricular policies determined by the Governing Body and Principal.
- To teach the relevant subject across
the age and ability range.
- To facilitate and encourage a
learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve
their individual potential.
- To effectively manage and deploy
staff, financial and physical resources within the department.
- To meet Academy targets on attendance
- To line manage tutors and ensure
regular phone-calls to students who are doing well/are cause for concern and
that tutors are managing the attendance of students whose attendance is between
95% and 100%.
- To have direct responsibility for
improving the attendance of any student whose attendance falls below
- To take responsibility for all
students who are at negative boundary 2 to ensure poor behaviour does not
continue to escalate.
- To support tutors.
- To ensure daily phone calls happen
for any child who is transferred out of a lesson, and that appropriate support
is put into place to ensure transfers across the year group reduce.
- To meet with Faculty Director each
week to identify students whose behaviour is a concern and evidence first line
of support that is in place and its impact.
- To ensure agreed tutor programme is
implemented and that tutors are effective in their role.
- To support ALG in monitoring student
reports, including the DSL by attending/preparing TAC meetings or other
- To train to at least Level 3
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.