We are looking for a hardworking, ambitious and dynamic Head of Year to join our successful faculty.
The successful candidate will have:
- QTS (or equivalent) and a good undergraduate degree
- Minimum of three years teaching experience
- Proven success in raising achievement across at least two key stages
- Evidence of leading, supporting and managing others, both individuals and teams, ensuring high quality performance
- High level of ICT skills and experience of how new technologies can be used to raise achievement
Harris Academy Wimbledon opened in September 2018. We are a brand new, co-educational 11-18 school for the High Path area. We currently have 900 students in year 7-11 and will open a 6th form in September 2023.
Harris Academy Wimbledon promotes high levels of academic achievement across the curriculum, encourages participation in extra-curricular opportunities and empowers students to make decisions wisely. The curriculum is rich, diverse and personalised ensuring every student achieves his or her true potential. Academic success goes hand-in hand with a rich variety of enrichment and extra-curricular activities; these help foster a spirit of aspiration, resilience and joy in learning.
Professional learning is at the heart of academy the academy, supporting all staff in their development. The academy has a growth mindset approach where industry and commitment are seen as cultural virtues. Development of resilience, self esteem, managing risks/consequences and the ability to work effectively together all form a key part of the pastoral provision.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To provide professional leadership for a Year Group, which secures success and continuous improvement in teaching and learning, ensures a high quality education and school experience for all learners.
- To ensure the highest standards of achievement for all learners creating a productive, disciplined learning environment the day-to-day operation of the Year Group.
- To ensure a positive ethos which reflects the HoY's commitment to high achievement, effective teaching and learning and good relationships.
- To ensure the life of the Year Group and the curriculum effectively promote students' moral, social and cultural development and prepare them for adult life.
- To ensure high expectations for their students are set and maintained.
The Head of Year also secures the commitment of the wider school community, all teachers, support staff and parents by developing effective networks based on communication and high quality leadership.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.