Head of Year
We are seeking an outstanding teacher, with the potential to become an excellent pastoral leader and role model, to lead a team of tutors and oversee a year group of approximately 220 students. The successful candidate will lead a team of tutors and be responsible for the overall welfare and care of students in that year group, linking pastoral and curriculum priorities to get the very best outcomes for every young person.
We would welcome an application if you:
• are committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can;
• can raise attainment through outstanding teaching and the promotion of a culture of high expectations;
• have a passion for providing the highest quality pastoral care;
• have the ability to lead and maintain good discipline and standards of behaviour;
• have the skills to lead, manage and enthuse a team of staff; and
• are committed to your own professional development.
Essential educational requirements
Degree & PGCE or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
• Have met the Teacher Standards and continue to meet them.
• Have a secure knowledge and understanding of own subject/curriculum area.
• Evidence of taking responsibility for own professional development.
• Evidence of good teaching skills, leading to consistently high standards of achievement.
• Knowledge of current developments in teaching and learning.
• a competitive salary (London Fringe Pay Scale);
• Two week Autumn half term and a minimum two week break over the Christmas period;
• Friday afternoon non-contact time;
• Priority admissions criteria for children of staff (see application pack);
• interest free travel/relocation loan;
• on site gym; and
• professional development support and an extensive CPD programme.
About Hinchley Wood School
Hinchley Wood is an inclusive, high achieving and highly sought after school with 1,350 students on roll including 270 in our 6th form. Located on the borders of SW London, we pride ourselves on celebrating student progress and development as well as academic achievement. In 2019 our Progress 8 score of +0.75 put us in the top 5% of schools nationally, and we are in the 200 top performing schools in England and Wales in terms of the progress our students make between the end of Key Stage 2 and their GCSEs. Our 6th Form value added score of +0.28 also puts us in the top 100 schools nationally. The last school Ofsted Inspection said “Hinchley Wood is an outstanding school………Students work exceptionally well together in this harmonious and cohesive community and achieve excellent outcomes.”
- Claygate Lane, Esher, Surrey, KT10 0AQ
- Hinchley Wood School website (opens in a new window)