This job expired on 22 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
22 March 2023 at 9am
28 February 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time Headteacher with minimum 0.4 teaching commitment
What skills and experience we're looking for
• A strong and inspirational leader who can maintain high standards in teaching and learning and build upon strengths of the school.
• Someone who has a strategic vision to continue to lead the school in its journey.
• A team player who can promote and maintain effective relationships within the school community.
• An effective manager who has the drive, knowledge and ambition to raise standards and promote quality in education.
• A compassionate and approachable person.
• Someone who is able to sustain positive attitudes in school and enjoy celebrating the children’s learning and wider achievements.
• Someone who will protect and develop the distinctive Christian character of our school.
What the school offers its staff
- Enthusiastic, happy, motivated and well behaved children who take great pride in their school.
- A friendly, committed and highly skilled team of teaching and support staff.
- A welcoming, nurturing, creative, vibrant, and fully inclusive school.
- An experienced, supportive and engaged governing body.
- Appropriate professional development to support your needs and the needs of the school.
- Strong links with the local community, the church and its members.
Further details about the role
Crosscanonby St John’s Church of England Primary School is situated between the Solway coast and the fells of the Lake District. We are a small, rural, church school serving the local community. Our school offers the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to work in a friendly, supportive environment where children thrive. We benefit from an active and supportive local community, including strong partnerships with the local church. We maximise the use of our extensive school grounds and surroundings, developing learning beyond the classroom.
Our recent Ofsted inspection report (November 2022) highlighted numerous strengths, including the following:
- ‘Pupils like coming to this small, friendly village school. They feel safe and happy.’
- ‘Pupils care about each other. Each day they live out the school’s Christian values by being kind and helpful towards each other.’
- ‘Leaders are aspirational for their pupils. Pupils work hard in lessons and enjoy their learning.’
Our last SIAMS report (October 2016) stated:
- ‘Distinctive Christian values permeate relationships across the school community and result in the school being a happy and secure learning environment.’
Our children would like a Headteacher who:
- “Is kind and helpful.”
- “Likes to spend time with us.”
- “Listens to us.”
- “Treats everyone fairly and equally.”
Visits to the school are welcome by prior appointment. Please contact the School Administrator, Miss P Hodgins, in the school office to arrange on 01900 812326.
Visit dates as follows:
- 27th February 1-3pm
- 28th February 1-3pm
- 8th March 1-3pm
- 9th March 1-3pm
- 10th March 1-3pm
The C.C.C. application form can be found on our website, or by contacting Mrs Stacey Cornthwaite at email@example.com. Supporting letters of application should be no more than two sides of A4.
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10am on 22nd March 2023
Shortlisting will take place on: 27th March 2023
Interviews to take place on: 26th and 27th April 2023
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Crosscanonby St John's CofE School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 50 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Similar jobs nearby
St Gregory's Catholic Primary School, Workington
Furness Road, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 3PD
Rockcliffe CofE School
Rockcliffe, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA6 4AA
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Cumbria