We are looking for someone who:
- Brings his or her own unique presence, skills, abilities, and passion for children and our school.
- Can work with governors, staff and the community with openness, honesty, transparency, and good humour.
- Can continue to develop the current plans for our school but also bring to us fresh energy, abundant compassion, and enthusiasm as we work together for the present and future children of the school.
- Has a proven track record of robust and effective school improvement strategies at their disposal.
- Has knowledge and/or experience of leading a Resource Base or SEN unit as part of the wider school and the desire to make it successful with both equality and equity in mind.
- Understands the statutory duties of a Head Teacher and aspires to be an outstanding professional.
- Understands the expectation of KCSIE September 2023 and who will be a part of the school safeguarding team (knowledge of CPOMS desirable).
- Is a strong, positive communicator with the ability to interact successfully with a wide variety of stakeholders and foster a strong working relationship within our community.
- Has experience of effective leadership within a military school.
We are a two-form entry primary school based on the Bulford camp in the beautiful county of Wiltshire on Salisbury Plain. The school benefits from proximity to busy towns, beautiful villages and wide-open spaces. We have an onsite Nursery and a new, growing ‘Complex Needs’ resource base which enables us to support our diverse catchment and meet the needs of all our learners, aspiring to be a truly inclusive environment.
Kiwi Primary School is at the heart of our military community and our values reflect this context and have been developed to support the diverse needs of our community. They inform everything we do at Kiwi school as many of our children will only be with us for a part of their primary schooling. Recently the school has been developing a new vision SOAR.
- WeStrive for success
- WeOwn our actions
- We areRespectful, reflective and resilient
Kiwi Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
This job post has expired.