Our current Headteacher is taking her expertise into a school improvement role; therefore, we are looking to appoint a new Headteacher to lead our happy and thriving primary school.
We are extremely proud of our school. Parish Church of England Primary is a happy, welcoming and vibrant school, with a strong ethos of enabling each of our children to achieve their full potential through an innovative curriculum and high-quality teaching and learning. We are ambitious for our pupils and determined to help them to overcome barriers so that they can flourish.
We are proud to be part of the Liverpool Diocesan Schools Trust which is a multi-academy trust of 16 Church of England schools from across the Liverpool Diocese. The Trust is inclusive and values-driven and all schools within it benefit from working collaboratively and sharing a vision that all our children will grow in wisdom and stature. Our new Headteacher will have a role to play Trust-wide in achieving this vision.
Whether you are an experienced Headteacher or are embarking on your first step into this role, you will need a strong track record of working in and making a difference to an inspirational learning community. You will have a good understanding of how to involve the whole school community in a shared educational journey in order to sustain our high levels of excellence.
Essential educational requirements
* Degree or equivalent
* Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
* A clear understanding, demonstrable experience and adherence to the National Standards of Excellence for Headteachers 2015
* Full and active member of a church in membership of Churches Together in England.
* Recent successful leadership as a Headteacher, deputy Headteacher or assistant Headteacher.
* To have taken an active involvement in school self evaluation and development planning.
* Knowledge and understanding of strategic financial planning and budgetary management in relation to their contribution to school development and pupil achievement.
* To have had responsibility for policy development and implementation.
* Significant teaching experience within the primary phase.
* To have a knowledge and understanding of all 3 Key Stages in the primary phase.
* To be able to effectively use data, assessment and target setting to raise standards/address weaknesses in meeting the needs of pupils.
• A competitive salary
• On-going professional development and career progression opportunities across the Trust
• A happy and positive environment
• A committed and caring staff team
• A supportive Governing Body
About Parish Church of England Primary School, St Helens
- Charles Street, St Helens, Merseyside, WA10 1LW
- Parish Church of England Primary School, St Helens website (opens in a new window)