|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 16 to Lead Practitioners range 22, £59,528 to £68,851|
Do you have a passion for excellence in learning? Do you lead with Christian values at the heart of your work?
If so, our school may be the right one for you! The Governing Body invites your application for the Headship of Sarum St Martin’s Church of England (Voluntary Aided) primary school, which is situated in the medieval city of Salisbury.
We are an energetic school where a passion for learning is instilled through creativity and British values. We have excellent facilities and we pride ourselves on our strong Christian ethos, as well as our great links and relationships with the local community and church.
The children are looking for a Headteacher who –
· is firm, fair and fun with a sense of humour
· values them and makes them feel safe
· wants the very best for them and helps them to achieve it
· will ‘help our community grow’ and is respectful of our church and the people in it
· is hard working and wants the best for our school
· can provide challenges for them and also keep the happy atmosphere going
Staff and governors are looking for someone who –
· has imagination and high expectations of every child’s potential and behaviour, and is warm and caring in supporting the children towards their goals
· is a committed Christian keen to lead in promoting the Christian and inclusive ethos of the school
· has proven leadership and management skills in the primary sector.
In return, we can offer you –
· an exciting professional opportunity, supported by an experienced and committed Governing Body
· a caring and welcoming school serving a diverse local community, with an Outstanding SIAMS record
· dedicated and experienced staff who work as a team
· extensive and attractive school buildings and grounds that are well maintained
· support from the Diocese of Salisbury
We welcome visits from prospective applicants. These can be arranged by telephoning 01722 554300 or emailing email@example.com.
Applications will only be accepted on an application form, including the email addresses of referees; no CVs thank you. The closing date for applications is Monday 2 March 2020 (12noon). Interviews will be held on Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 18 March.
St Martin’s CE (VA) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought for shortlisted candidates prior to the interview date. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
We promote equality and diversity and therefore welcome applications regardless of gender, race and religion.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified to at least Degree Level (or equivalent)
Qualified to teach and work in the UK
.Readiness for headship – NPQH, or evidence of equivalent level of learning -
Successful experience as a School Leader at least at Deputy Headteacher level
Recent and relevant in-service professional development and/or training , including Financial Management and Managing Teams, which has had direct impact upon leadership/school improvement.
Knowledge and commitment to the protection of children through Safeguarding, including liaison with outside agencies.
The confidence and ability to lead inspirational Collective Worship appropriate to our Voluntary Aided school status (1944 Education Act)
Essential skills and experience
Successful teacher in the primary phase.
Ability to develop others to achieve significantly improved outcomes, to lead by example, to support and champion staff and children, creating an inclusive environment that nurtures all children to achieve their potential.
Ability to maintain and develop the Christian ethos of the school.
Ability to use performance management for the professional development of staff.
Successful leadership of a differentiated, balanced and effective curriculum which develops pupils spiritually, morally, socially & culturally and supports their academic, creative and physical development and well-being.
An experienced leader of change who has successfully used whole school self-evaluation to identify weaknesses that need addressing, raise standards and bring about school improvement
Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills and able to inspire trust,More on how to apply
|School type||LA Maintained School, Church of England|
|School size||167 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||St Martin's CofE Voluntary Aided Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About St Martin's CofE Voluntary Aided Primary School
Shady Bower, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 2RG