||L18b - L21b (£64,143 - £69,031 per annum - determined by the experience of the successful candidate)
Pontefract Academies Trust is seeking to appoint a Headteacher at Halfpenny Lane Junior, Infant and Nursery School for May 2021
Salary: L18b – L24b (starting point will be determined by the experience of the successful candidate)
We are seeking an exceptional individual with the passion and rigour to lead Halfpenny Lane Junior, Infant & Nursery School through the next chapter in its history. If, as a first-time or existing Head, you believe that you offer leadership which inspires and motivates others towards excellence and which will ensure the very best education for our children, then we would love to hear from you. The school is looking to further the quality of education and accelerate outcomes of all pupils so that they have every chance to succeed in life.
The successful candidate will:
• Have the desire and ability to achieve aspirational targets for high standards of progress, attainment and behaviour across the school.
• Have a very good understanding of what makes an exceptional school and the skills, character and resilience to develop this.
• Be a first-class teacher. As the leader of teaching and learning, we are looking for someone who knows what great learning looks like in the classroom and knows how to achieve it so that pupils of all abilities know and remember more.
• Be fully in tune and excited with the direction of the Trust, with a recognition that formally aligned systems, approaches and practices across all primary practice will drive standards for the young people of Pontefract.
• Have strong leadership, management and communication skills to motivate a staff team, pupil body and community, to secure rapid and sustainable improvement.
We do not expect you to do this alone. This post offers the opportunity to be a senior leader that benefits from a Multi-Academy Trust that has rapidly improved outcomes across its portfolio of eight schools. The Trust is in the top 10% of trusts in the country for primary attainment in combined outcomes. You will enjoy the support and challenge of an Executive Leadership Team and will benefit from tight working relationships across all school leaders in the Trust.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a locality-based Trust that is moving forwards at pace.
For a private and confidential conversation about the role prospective candidates are advised to contact Julian Appleyard OBE, the CEO of the Trust. Please email Jade Mountain, PA to the CEO, at email@example.com
Please visit the following website for further information:
You can access the Trust’s Strategic Plan 2020-22 here:
Completed application forms should be returned either by post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 23rd November 2020 (10:00am).
Applying for the job
To apply for this role, please visit our website at https://www.pontefractacademiestrust.org.uk/vacancies/ and download our application form. Return the application to email@example.com before 10:00am on 23rd November 2020.
More on how to apply
About Pontefract Halfpenny Lane Junior Infant and Nursery School
Halfpenny Lane Junior, Infant and Nursery School is a 3-11, two form entry primary school. The school is one of the largest primary schools in the Wakefield Local Authority. The vacancy of Headteacher comes about due to the current post holder taking up another headship within the Trust.
The school is in a strong place with firm foundations in place as evidenced by the 'good' Ofsted inspection of 2019. In 2019 SATs, Halfpenny Lane was the 9th highest attaining primary school of the 101 schools across Wakefield with combined outcomes of 84%. The attainment in reading, writing and mathematics for the year was significantly above national.
The school converted to academy status in 2013 when it joined Pontefract Academies Trust,
Arranging a visit to Pontefract Halfpenny Lane Junior Infant and Nursery School
For a private and confidential conversation about the role prospective candidates are advised to contact Julian Appleyard OBE, the CEO of the Trust. Please email Jade Mountain, PA to the CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Halfpenny Lane, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF8 4BW