- Job role
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- L21-L27 (Outer London)
Lime Trust is looking for an experienced, passionate and innovative Headteacher to join their leadership team. The Trust consists of 8 schools, 4 special and 4 primaries in Cambridgeshire and North and East London.
This post is for an Headteacher to lead Lime Academy Larkswood is a three-form entry primary school in Chingford, London E4, catering for up to 800 children between the ages of two and eleven.
The Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school to school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Trust strive to improve life chances for all.
The Lime Way:
The Values we embed in our schools are:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting children first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity-rich schools
- Communication (a voice for all)
Every member of staff is required to uphold and promote the values of the Trust in all aspects of their work performance. They are responsible for supporting all pupils to become confident individuals, successful learners and responsible citizens who are prepared for their life beyond school.
At Lime Trust, our Headteachers are lead professionals and key role models within the school communities they serve. We expect our Headteachers to lead by example, and demonstrate the professional conduct and practice expected of all members of their school community. They should create an environment that promotes effective teaching and learning. They will set high standards and expectations in regard to the quality of teaching and learning, to ensure our pupils are given the opportunity to reach their full potential in all aspects of their development
The successful candidate will lead the school by example whilst working with the leadership team to drive school improvement, promote best practice and contribute to the aims and ethos of the Trust. Candidates should be inspiring leaders, as well as outstanding practitioners who can motivate, manage and build effective teams. You should share our values and be passionate about creating an environment that supports personalised learning and that prepares our pupils for the next stage in their life.
We are looking for a leader who can demonstrate:
- Excellent leadership, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Optimistic personal behaviour, positive relationships and attitudes towards their pupils and staff, and towards parents, governors and members of the local community
- Effective relationship building with fellow professionals and colleagues in other public services to improve academic and social outcomes for all pupils
- An ability to inspire and influence others – within and beyond schools – to believe in the fundamental importance of education in young people’s lives and to promote the value of education
- The securing of excellent teaching through an analytical understanding of how pupils learn and of the core features of successful classroom practice and curriculum design, leading to rich curriculum opportunities and pupils’ well-being
- An ability to identify emerging talents, coaching current and aspiring leaders in a climate where excellence is the standard, leading to clear succession planning
- Ambitious standards for all pupils, overcoming disadvantage and advancing equality, instilling a strong sense of accountability in staff for the impact of their work on pupils
- Excellent communicate skills, driving the school’s vision with strategic leadership, empowering all pupils and staff to excel
- Entrepreneurial and innovative approaches to school improvement, leadership and governance
- Understanding of the vital importance of internal and external accountability
We are looking forward to hearing from experienced leaders who want to take the next step into Headship. This is a post that has a high level of challenge, but that also offers a high level of reward, and where you will be able to make a difference. You will be part of a dedicated team and will be given support to develop to your full potential both in this role and beyond.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check). References will be taken up before appointment.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 2 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 702 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
About Lime Academy Larkswood
Lime Academy Larkswood is a three-form entry primary school in Chingford, London E4, catering for up to 800 children between the ages of two and eleven. Larkswood has been educating children in Chingford for more than a hundred years and became an academy in 2015.
With a modern building, outstanding facilities and a team of innovative, experienced and dedicated staff, Lime Academy Larkswood offers an exciting opportunity for all staff to develop their careers.
Our aim at Lime Academy Larkswood is to encourage our children in the enjoyment of learning by providing activities both in and outside the classroom which help develop their confidence, make them happy and become successful individuals
Arranging a visit to Lime Academy Larkswood
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Rachael Holland Director of Primary Education for the Trust on 07821303581 or email Rachael.Holland@limetrust.org, to arrange a visit