‘Together we value, inspire and develop each other within a happy, safe community based on Christian values and respect for other faiths.’
‘...all are nurtured for emotional resilience, academic success and professional fulfilment.’ (SIAMS, September 2019)
‘Everyone in school lives up to your school motto, ‘exceptional in all we do’. (Ofsted, June 2017)
Salary: L17 to L24 plus a £3,000 additional payment as a permanent part of the Headteacher's annual salary.
Start Date: 1st September 2020
The Governors of St James’ CE Primary School are seeking to appoint a new Headteacher to lead the school further in the pursuit of excellence in all areas.
The successful applicant:
• must have a personal faith commitment and a firm belief in the intrinsic value of faith education;
• should have the strategic ability to use effective leadership skills with creativity and enthusiasm to continue the current successful growth and development of our school community;
• will be approachable and nurturing to staff, families and children and will have strong management and communication skills to motivate at all levels;
• will have a strong, proven track record of raising standards;
• needs to have the energy, drive and ability to develop the potential of all staff and children;
• will work alongside governors to ensure their impact on school priorities and continued effective leadership of the school;
• will have an understanding of the unique context of our school which serves a community in which the majority of children are from multi-cultural heritage.
• will contribute to the vision and mission of St James’ within the school, the parish and the wider community.
In return we can offer:
• a welcoming and well-maintained school with easy transport access;
• enthusiastic, well-behaved children;
• a team of dedicated, hardworking staff and senior leaders;
• a highly supportive Governing Body.
• an outward-facing approach including strong links with the Blackburn Diocese;
• a commitment to our Headteacher’s continuing professional and spiritual development.
This post offers an excellent opportunity to join a strong and vibrant school community; so if you believe you have the skills, experience and qualities that we seek, we look forward to receiving your application.
Prospective candidates are warmly encouraged to visit our school. To arrange your visit please contact People and Pay Services Ltd on telephone number 01254 445066 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that school visits are strictly by appointment only.
Application forms and further details are available from People and Pay Services Ltd - 01254 445066 or email@example.com.
You should provide a full statement in support of your application. Please do not exceed two sides of A4 paper and do not restate factual details already included elsewhere on the application form. Font size should be no less than 11.
Recruitment and Selection Process
Closing date for applications: 27 February 2020 (12 noon)
Short listing: 5 March 2020
Interview Process 19/20 March 2020
Further details will be provided to candidates called to interview. Applicants will be advised by no later than 6 March 2020 if they are to be invited to attend an interview.
Completed applications should be submitted by e mail to
or posted to
People and Pay Services Ltd
Blackburn BB1 5RW
Please mark any posted or hand delivered applications Private and Confidential.
St James’ C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be taken prior to any offer of employment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and will be required to sign a National Society Contract of employment.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Successful teaching of pupils in the primary phase.
To have a current knowledge and understanding of all 3 Key Stages in the primary phase.
Can effectively analyse school data and identify appropriate actions which then form part of the school improvement plan.
Commitment to ensuring inclusion and addressing diversity positively.
A sound understanding of how children learn, how teachers can best teach and how to raise achievement for all pupils.
About St James' Church of England Primary School Blackburn
- Earl Street, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 8EG
- LA Maintained School
- St James' Church of England Primary School Blackburn website (opens in a new window)