St Mary's Catholic Primary School, Ryde, Isle of Wight
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£53,856 to £62,426|
Shaping the Future
• The strategic direction and development of the school stem from the educational mission of the Church. The Headteacher will ensure that his/her leadership demonstrates commitment to promoting and developing the school’s distinctive Catholic identity through the search for excellence in all areas of work.
• Establishes and implements a strategic plan, rooted firmly in the Mission of the Church, which ensures pupils achieve high standards and develop in all aspects of their education.
Leading learning and teaching
• Establishing a Catholic learning community within which each individual pupil is enabled to achieve his/her potential through the use of personalised learning;
• Establishing a School environment with high standards of pupil behaviour which supports effective teaching and learning, spiritual and moral growth and personal development;
• Determining, organising and implementing a broad and balanced curriculum with equality of access, within the context of the National Curriculum and the Catholic School
Developing self and working with others
The Headteacher enables staff to develop their potential and achieve high standards by:
• Actively continuing his/her own professional development so as to be well equipped to deal with the increasingly complex roles of leadership within the School community;
• Building professional relationships with all staff by encouraging CPD individually and within the staff team, to enable best practice;
• Implementing effective systems of performance management which will support staff development.
Leading and Managing the Organisation
The Headteacher provides effective organisation and management in the best interests of the School community and implementation of its Catholic Mission by:
• Ensuring best value in deployment and use of human, financial and material resources to secure quality education for all pupils;
• Maintaining good procedures for an effective safeguarding culture.
The Headteacher is accountable for the School and its work to a range of stakeholders, particularly pupils, parents, carers, the Diocese and the Local Authority, and is accountable legally and contractually to the Governing Body. He/she exercises this accountability by;
• Using School self-evaluation processes, both those of OFSTED and the Diocese, to report on the School’s performance and development to those bodies, and to a variety of audiences, and to inform future School improvement planning.
For further information refer to https://www.stmaryrcpri.iow.sch.uk/job-vacancies/
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or DfE recognised teaching qualification
QTS, NQPH preferred
Essential skills and experience
Experience as an effective senior leader in a primary schoolMore on how to apply
|School type||LA Maintained School, Roman Catholic|
|School size||192 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||2 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||St Mary's Catholic Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About St Mary's Catholic Primary School
Ampthill Road, Ryde, Isle of Wight, PO33 1LJ