Watchfield Primary School, Wiltshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 15 to Lead Practitioners range 21, £57,986 to £66,517|
The Headteacher is expected to be a visionary leader who continually inspires and motivates colleagues to provide outstanding teaching and learning, and children to love learning and want to fulfil their potential. The Headteacher is required to:
• provide clear vision, leadership and direction to the whole school community.
• be a clear thinker and a good communicator, engendering respect and trust throughout the school, and be able to plan and deliver improvements through effective management and delegation.
• work closely with the Local Governing Body to ensure all children in our inclusive school are eager to learn, reach their full potential, and grow as emotionally intelligent young citizens.
• have high expectations of themselves as well as of colleagues, parents and the pupils, and will show professional accountability as well as deep loyalty to the school.
• be an accomplished and inspiring communicator, but who remains approachable, welcoming and friendly as is appropriate for a school which is held in high esteem and affection by the local community.
• carry out the duties of a headteacher as set out in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document and the National Standards of Excellence for Headteachers.
Essential educational requirements
Honours Degree or Equivalent
Qualified Teacher Status
Evidence of continuous professional development in preparation for leadership/headship
Essential skills and experience
Ability to communicate and embed outstanding teaching and learning
Knowledge and understanding of the statutory educational framework, current education issues, relevant policies, legislation and codes of practice
Clear understanding and knowledge of the role of governance in a MAT
Ability to motivate teams and commitment to working flexibly and collaboratively as part of a team, whilst taking a leading role when required
Developing and implementing strategies for school improvement, including data analysis, target setting and strategies for improving
Understanding of the importance of working collaboratively with all stakeholders in the Trust, including the wider community and other local schools
An understanding of and commitment to promoting the wellbeing of employees
Creating a climate of open communication where people feel able to express opinion and know their views will be respected
Willingness to play a senior role in the multi-academy trust
|School size||387 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Watchfield Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Watchfield Primary School
North Street, Wiltshire, SN6 8SD