16 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
10 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Full time permanent Headteacher
- L21 to L27
What skills and experience we're looking for
You will need:
- The desire and ability to promote and continually develop our school’s inclusive values and strong Christian ethos
- High expectations for children’s personal development, happiness, welfare, behaviour and attainment
- A clear vision of excellence in primary education with the ability to think strategically and lead the school through the next exciting phase of its development
- Proven leadership and a passion for motivating, supporting, challenging, nurturing and investing in staff at all levels
- An ambition to provide distinctive leadership to the school, along with the capacity to be open to the advice and guidance of others
- A commitment to putting the children at the centre of everything you do
What the school offers its staff
What we can offer:
- Enthusiastic children who are excited about learning
- The opportunity to lead a well-established staff team, with strong senior and middle leaders
- A forward-thinking Governing Body who will encourage and support you to lead the school
- A wonderful physical learning environment, with the benefit of a new, purpose-built building for intervention and SEN support
- High standards of learning and teaching, with an ambitious curriculum and exciting, embedded maths and literacy initiatives
Further details about the role
William Alvey School is offering the exciting opportunity for an experienced headteacher to join our team and lead our happy, creative and ambitious school community. As a three-form entry Church of England primary school in the growing market town of Sleaford, we are very proud of our “small school feel in a big school environment”.
Our school has benefited from a successive history of exceptional, committed, long-serving school leaders and as a result has a thriving staff team who embrace all aspects of our core values: Resilience, Tolerance, Aspiration and Respect. Our children are exceptional too: if you look around our corridors, classrooms and playground you will see a student community full of positive relationships and children who are keen to embrace the wide range of learning and extra-curricular opportunities that William Alvey School offers them.
Our pupils are the focus of everything we do, and our vision statement, ”Learning today for living tomorrow” focuses not just on the academic, but every area of our learners’ lives.
If you feel excited about the prospect of leading our school, then we would be delighted to hear from you!
Visits to our school are both welcome and strongly encouraged. To book a visit, please email our Clerk to Governors at email@example.com .
Application packs are available from the school website, https://www.williamalvey.net/
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About William Alvey School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 647 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- William Alvey School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
We are a busy but friendly school, with lots going on. We are also a Church school and are very keen to ensure that the children understand what being a Christian means, in this way we hope the children can make an informed choice about the way they lead their lives. At our heart, we have the belief that all children are revered and respected as a member of our community where all are known and loved by God. Our school motto is ‘Learning Today for Living Tomorrow’; this is about everyone - parents, staff, governors and the wider school community - working together to ensure that each child can succeed and reach their full potential.
Arranging a visit to William Alvey School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Boston West Academy
Sussex Avenue, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE21 7QG
Head Teacher with teaching responsibilities
North Clifton Primary School
Church Lane, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG23 7AP
St Augustine's Catholic Voluntary Academy
Kesteven Road, Stamford, Lincolnshire, PE9 1SR
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Lincolnshire and Lincoln