Co-op Academy Southfield (11-19 special school) is looking for a Healthcare Supervisor - Education to join our Care and Wellbeing Team in January 2024. You’ll provide:
- Specialist knowledge to support pupils with complex health and physical needsrequiring medical and therapy interventions.
- Implement agreed health interventions includingadministering medication to individuals as defined by NHS Care Plans and Education, Healthand Care Plans (EHCPs).
- Work in conjunction with other Education and Healthcare supervisors, Deputy Director of Care and Wellbeing and NHS professionals.
Should you have any questions in regards to this role, or would like an informal discussion with the manager please contact Human Resources in the first instance via email to:
Co-op Academy Southfield is part of The Co-op Academies Trust and is co-located with Co-op Academy Grange, a mainstream secondary Academy in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
Co-op Academy Southfield caters for over 300 students and we are one of the largest special schools in the country. We have on-site support from other professionals including Speech and Language Therapists, the School Nursing team, Physiotherapy teams as well as support from Social Care and other services. We enjoy close links with education, leisure, sporting and commercial organisations across the locality and we are keen to actively promote these partnerships for the benefit of the children in our care.
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty-eight Academies across Greater Manchester, Staffordshire & Merseyside and West Yorkshire with the Co-op acting as the sponsor.
- Co-op staff discounts and other benefits; cycle to work, Eyecare, Flu vaccine, Rental deposit scheme and Season tickets loans
- Local pension scheme
- Health Assured – Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
- Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Grange
- A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
- Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
• Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/continuing professional development
How to Apply:
The Co-op Academies Trust operates blind shortlisting as part of its recruitment process to ensure a fair and rigorous process. To apply please complete Application Form PART A and Application Form PART B and email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 11.45pm on Sunday 3rd December 2023
Shortlisting date: Monday 4th December 2023
Recruitment selection date: Monday 11th December 2023
Co-op Academies Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships.
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles, and the Ways of Being Co-op.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.