HLTA/Cover Supervisor (one year fixed term contract)
Are you considering a career in teaching? This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate TA wishing to prepare for initial teacher training.
At Harry Gosling, we believe in providing the very best for all our children by creating an aspirational, exciting learning community. We offer significant professional development opportunities for all our staff, wherever they are on your career path.
We are in our first year of soft federation with Stephen Hawking Primary School, a special school for children with profound and multiple learning difficulties. This enables the staff and children in both schools to grow and develop together and to learn from one another. It makes this year a particularly exciting time to join the school.
We are looking for a talented Higher Level Teaching Assistant who will provide cover across Key Stages 1 and 2.
Essential educational requirements
Strong 'A' levels & GCSEs (or equivalent)
Essential skills and experience
• Have experience working in a school setting with some experience of covering whole classes
• Have a hunger for learning and personal growth
• Be highly motivated, reliable and flexible
• Have excellent communication skills and can build and maintain relationships across the school community
• Be able to work using their own initiative as well as work as part of a team
• Put children first and can inspire young children to become confident, enthusiastic learners
• A genuine opportunity to make a difference to the lives of children
• A tailored professional development package to support your growth in the role
• The opportunity to be supported through post-graduate teacher training
• Delightful children who are eager to learn
• A dedicated, supportive staff
• Involved parents and governors
• A friendly school community in an exciting area of London
About Harry Gosling Primary School
- Fairclough Street, London, E1 1NT
- LA Maintained School
- Harry Gosling Primary School website (opens in a new window)