- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Fixed term (1 year in the first instance)
Annual or full time equivalent salary
- £25,161 - £28,509
- £21,657 - £24,539 pro rata (approximately)
HLTA - Higher Level Teaching Assistant job summaryWe are offering an exciting opportunity for a Higher Learning Teaching Assistant to join our fantastic team at Albion Primary School, London. The successful candidate will coordinate and deliver a programme of literacy intervention and will also receive training through the Read Write Inc (RWI) programme. Good knowledge of phonics is essential and experience of RWI is desirable. The successful candidate will support our teachers in taking a creative approach to teaching pupils according to their educational needs, maximising their achievement and ability to succeed.
This is a great opportunity for a HLTA who is looking to continue their career in education and is motivated to inspire learning in children with varied and complex needs. The successful candidate should be enthusiastic and a knowledgeable HLTA, keen to work in partnership with current staff and able to work under instruction as well as having the ability to use their initiative. They will challenge and excite our children, have the ability to consistently deliver high quality learning experiences and commit to high standards of professionalism with high expectations of the children.
Having already achieved HLTA status, the successful candidate will be calm, engaging, resilient, enjoy working as part of a team, be confident in leading classes and small groups, and be genuinely motivated by helping every child to reach their full potential. They will also be:
• able to provide support for pupils, the teacher and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all by utilising advanced levels of knowledge and skills when assisting with planning, monitoring, assessing and managing classes.
• someone with a clear vision in how to develop pupils with an impact on achievement,
• flexible and willing to work across the school.
• able and willing to assess learning and social and emotional needs and give help that is needed to remove the barriers to learning.
The work will be challenging and rewarding in equal measure and at Albion we maintain a strong safeguarding culture where pupils are listened to, respected and involved in as many decisions as possible.
Albion Primary School is a happy, inclusive and creative school where children thrive and where innovation, initiative and creativity are encouraged. It is a popular 2 form entry school located in South-East London, Rotherhithe, next to the River Thames. Our children are exceptional and keen to learn and all members of our school community are valued.
• Well behaved children who have a love of learning at our school
• A friendly and supportive team with high morale who all champion children’s well-being
• A very well resources and attractive environment
• Exceptional CPD opportunities through our tailored programme
• A strong ethos of high expectations and challenge for the whole community
• Excellent professional development and career enhancement opportunities
• Excellent induction and a support programme for all staff new to the school
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive and vibrant community with excellent transport links
The role is linked to and subject to school funding and therefore will be fixed term for 1 year in the first instance.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Albion Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 448 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
We are community primary school situated in the heart of Rotherhithe with excellent transport links across London including the Jubilee Line at Canada Water and the London Overground at Rotherhithe. With a newly build state-of-the-art building, we are able to offer children an exciting learning experience and offer staff a comfortable place to work. The school serves a socially, culturally and ethnically diverse community. We have high expectations of our pupils and want to ensure that we provide the best possible education so that our children achieve both academically and have the opportunity to broaden their knowledge and experience of life.
The school is highly respected in the local community and has built strong relationships with parents, carers and the wider school community. Albion is the first choice of school for many of our families.
Arranging a visit to Albion Primary School
This is an exciting time to join our school. If this role sounds like the job for you and if you would like any more information, please do not hesitate to contact BIlkees Patel, our HR Advisor – firstname.lastname@example.org , or arrange an informal telephone conversation (02072373738).