SCP 8-12 £19,945-21,589 per annum fte
Higher Level Teaching Assistant – Social Communication Department Lead: Shepherdswell Academy
Hours of Work: 38.25hrs a week 39 weeks a year
Salary Range FTE: SCP 8-12 (£19,945-21,589 per annum)
Salary Range Pro Rata: £14,958-£16,191
Start Date: 1st September 2020
Closing Date Friday 9th July 2020
At Shepherdswell we believe that children are at the heart of everything that we do.
We are looking to appoint a motivated and hardworking HLTA to lead our Social Communications Department of 6 children. Enthusiasm and the ability to be flexible, reliable and resilient are essential, as is genuine empathy with children. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the department, as well as planning, overseeing the learning taking place and assessment with the support of the SENCO and Headteacher.
The hours of work will be 8:15am-4:30pm, five days a week for term time only plus training days
Essential for this position
• Experience of planning and overseeing teaching and learning of a group of children and staff
• Understanding of assessment of children with complex ASD, and how to ensure progress in sustained and accelerated
• Experience in SEND
• NVQ Level 4 or equivalent relating to teaching and learning or SEND/Autism
• Experience of and passion for working with children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
• An understanding of the principles of TEACCH and how these can be applied to support children with ASD
Desirable for this position
• Experience of SALT intervention and a clear understanding of how high quality SALT provision promotes personal and academic progress
• TEACCH qualification
• Paediatric First Aid
• Team Teach or equivalent current positive handling training
• An understanding of the EYFS framework and the AET Progression Framework
Why work for Shepherdswell
• Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other.
• All staff are proud to be part of the school and feel supported by the open door policy of Senior Leadership who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive
• Excellent opportunities for ongoing professional development with cross trust support and training catered to support your individual career.
• Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of the school’s priorities. Happy staff make a happy school
East Midlands Academy Trust is committed to professional development for all staff, regardless of role. We have an innovative staff development programme which truly empowers staff to take control of their own professional development. Regardless of what point you are at in your career and whatever your aspirations may be, we can support you to achieve them. The wellbeing of our staff is incredibly important to us and is placed at the centre of all we do. Through our Staff Wellbeing Programme we ensure staff benefit from all that our supportive school community has to offer, empowering everyone to deliver nothing short of the best for the young people they serve.
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us. Please visit our website to find out more about us and to download a recruitment pack. Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lorna Stockwell on 07500 559281
The closing date for all applications is midday on Friday 9th July. Interviews will be virtual. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by email and telephone.
EMAT reserve the right to withdraw this advert, interview and appoint prior to the closing date, should we find a suitable candidate
East Midlands Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
Applying for the job
To apply for this role download an application form and email the completed form to email@example.com. For enquiries regarding this role please call Lorna Stockwell on 07500 559281
161 pupils enrolled
4 to 7
About Shepherdswell Academy
Shepherdwell Academy is a key stage 1 academy in Springfields, Milton Keynes.
Your child has just begun or is beginning their educational journey and I am so proud to play a huge part in their development at Shepherdswell Academy. Children are at the heart of everything we do. At Shepherdswell Academy, we strongly believe in developing your child’s character, layering them with as many experiences as we can in order for them to grow emotionally, socially, spiritually and academically.
We have to give children the skills to achieve in life. Children need to be able to adapt, be resilient, be resourceful and think for themselves. Our children are fantastic and they deserve the best there is and to be cared for by the best there are.
We can only be successful with your support and guidance. You know your child better than anyone. Be a part of their education but at the same time, trust us to do the best for your child. I look forward to developing a strong partnership with you in order to allow your child to achieve during their time at Shepherdswell Academy.
At Shepherdswell Academy, we believe in an ‘open door’ policy. If you have any concerns or would just like to share something about your child, make contact with us - we are here to support you and your child.
Arranging a visit to Shepherdswell Academy
Unfortunately we are unable to welcome visitors to the school due to COVID-19. Please view the virtual tour of the school on our website
Billingwell Place, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK6 3NP