This is an exciting, unique opportunity to join our fast paced, dynamic HR Department, on a 10 month fixed term contract (full time - 37 hours per week), where you will gain a considerable amount of experience and knowledge of working in a professional, education environment.
St Thomas Aquinas is a successful catholic multi academy trust (CMAT), within the Diocese of Nottingham, consisting of 23 schools. We are looking for a exceptional individual to develop and assist us in delivering outstanding centralised HR services, to all our Headteachers, Senior Leaders and Trustees.
With other members within the team, you will be supporting, assisting the HR Manager, in providing a forward thinking, responsive and professional service ensuring the CMAT remains compliant at all times with employment law, health and safety, conditions of service, teacher standards, policies/procedures, bishop memorandum and best practice.
The successful candidate will be developed and supported to provide recruitment and HR advice to senior managers and gain demonstratable experience of HR recruitment and selection procedures, in an educational setting.
The CMAT are committed to provide continuous development opportunities to support career progression. Whilst being a Catholic is not a requirement for this post, you must be willing to support the Catholic Life, values and ethos in our academies.
In addition to salary, there is the provision of the Local Government Pension Scheme, generous holiday entitlement, and we also offer a medical benefits package together with a range of discounts on gym memberships and retail to recognise the efforts of our staff.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 23 academies in our family, 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme and Medicash, which provides confidential, independent, unbiased information and guidance 24/7.
- Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms/conditions for pay for both teachers/support staff.
- Electric Car Scheme – access to our new electric dreams care scheme, in partnership with Octopus Energy
- Childcare – If you have children that attend before/after school at one of the 23 schools in our Trust, that provide their own provision, as an employee you will be able to access this resource for free.
The Trust, all our schools within our Trust are committed to safeguarding/promoting the welfare of children, young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check, online check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants. The Trust will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job/working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs. This includes those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and Christian ethos. This diversity is fundamental to our values and enriches the lives of the students within our schools.
This job post has expired.