We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic faith leader with a passion for working with children and young people helping them to explore and engage with their faith.
You will work with a lively inclusive family of schools serving the Stoke Golding, Hinckley, Earl Shilton and Measham areas of south-west Leicestershire. St Martin’s (Secondary) and it’s 3 local primary schools, St Peter’s Earl Shilton, St Peter’s Hinckley and St Charles Measham are part of the Leicester Deanery. We are looking for a Lay Chaplain to carry on the excellent practice already in place at St Martin’s whilst the talented Lay Chaplain already in post is on maternity leave. From approximately November 2023, you would focus your work primarily on the 3 primary schools, working in partnership with your fellow Chaplain, and co-ordinating/delivering an effective joined up provision for these schools.
You will support the Catholic Life and Collective Worship of each of the school communities. You will work with and be supported by the Lead Lay Chaplain of the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust in fulfilling the Trust’s vision for lay chaplaincy provision.
This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be a practising Catholic with strong faith commitment. Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practicing Catholic’ for further information.
- be a practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear vision for Catholic Education
- ensure that the example and teachings of Jesus Christ are at the centre of all that we do.
- to have the ability to travel between different locations, so own vehicle is essential.
For an informal discussion about the role/schools please contact St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust directly and Tom Shannon firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for this role please visit the Trust vacancies pagewww.aquinas-cmat.org/vacancies/and submit your application no later than the closing date stated above.
You will receive an automated response from our vacancies inbox to confirm your application has been received. Please contact HR on 0116 296 8164.
We warmly encourage applicants to visit our schools. Please contact the school offices for an appointment on 01455 212 386.
Why work for the St Thomas Aquinas Multi Academy Trust?
- Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 23 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme and Medicash, which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
- Childcare – access to free childcare before and after school, for our employees who have children at schools in one of our Trusts.
About St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust
Our school is part of the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 23 Catholic Primary/Secondary schools in Leicester City, Rutland Leicestershire. Our priority is to ensure the best Catholic Education for all young people in our community. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge support from a central standards performance team opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development.
This job post has expired.