H7 + Fringe Allowance - £26,107 - £28,268
ICT NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
ONSLOW ST AUDREY’S SCHOOL
37 hours per week, Full Time
Monday – Thursday 8.00am – 4.00pm, Friday 8.00am – 3.30pm
H7 point 19 - £25,481 plus fringe allowance £626
Required from August 2021
At the Danes Educational Trust, we aim not only to use ICT to enhance teaching and learning but act as an empowering tool for all staff and students. Investing in tried, tested and emerging technologies to create a manageable, up-to-date, effective network.
Onslow St Audrey’s School is looking for a Network Administrator; A committed and passionate technology enthusiast, a decisive individual with an ability to lead and effectively manage, grow and develop the ICT presence at our school.
Working at the trust you’ll be exposed to a ream of existing and new technologies; we praise innovation and provide opportunities to build a solid base within ICT with the potential for future growth. We're keen that those who join us aspire to develop themselves, have a can-do attitude and a passion for learning new things. You’ll also have excellent support from within the trust though other network administrators along with your direct report within the Trust’s ICT support team.
We would like you to have:
• Latest Server operating systems
• Virtualisation technologies including Hyper-V
• Active Directory
• Knowledge of network fundamentals, VLANs, DNS and DHCP
• WDS and WSUS
• Wireless systems
• Windows OS
• Backup technologies
• Office 365 / Google for Education
• School Management information systems
• School filtering
• Microsoft SQL
• Microsoft Powershell
• Experience managing staff
• Software licensing
• Experience with GDPR policies and procedures
We would like you to have:
• Have excellent numeracy and literacy
• Have knowledge of procedure and regulations consistent with supporting ICT
• Display a high level of professionalism at all times
• Have a natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’.
• Be committed to the safeguarding of children
• The ability to pay attention to detail, meet deadline and prioritise
We can offer:
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Fringe allowance paid
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, ages 11 to 18
752 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Onslow St Audreys School
Thank you for your interest in Onslow St Audrey’s School.
You would be joining OSA at an incredibly exciting time. We have recruited a fantastic group of teachers, leaders and support staff which has had a significant impact on the quality of provision, attitude to learning and attendance. This year’s results have been excellent and represent the third year of improvement in progress and achievement.
We have increased our numbers in the Sixth Form and the school is continuing to expand. This expansion has led to additional funding to build a new Science block, play areas and car park which will begin during the Autumn term 2020. We are also due to undertake a land sale which will provide us with a capital investment to build a new sports hall, 4G Astroturf pitch, social areas and some internal school projects.
Our last Ofsted inspection (May, 2019) recognised the positive changes that had taken place to date and this was reflected in the ‘Good’ judgements for Leadership, Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare and Sixth Form. This was reinforced by the Challenge Partners review in November 2019 where we were rated as ‘effective’ in all areas.
I am incredibly proud to be the Headteacher at OSA and the key to our continued improvement is recruiting the very best staff. We have worked hard to improve staff well-being and reduce workload in order to give staff the opportunity to thrive and flourish in their work environment.
We are part of the Danes Educational Trust and we offer a wide range of CPD opportunities and an excellent NQT and RQT programme of support. You can visit our website at www.onslow.herts.sch.uk for further information about the school including the school prospectus. If you would like to organise a visit to the school or if you would like to discuss any position in more detail then please contact Dawn Gamble (Recruitment Manager) at email@example.com.
The Danes Educational Trust
The Danes Educational Trust currently comprises six schools: St Clement Danes School, Croxley Danes School, Chancellor’s School, Onslow St Audrey’s School, De Havilland Primary School and Elstree Screen Arts Academy. Dr Josephine Valentine OBE is the CEO of the Danes Educational Trust. She was Headteacher of St Clement Danes School for 20 years. She is a National Leader in Education, a DfE Advisor and has oversight of all five schools. If appointed, you will benefit from teaching within an established, outstanding Trust
The Trust’s core values are:
• We value joy in working, teaching and learning together
• We encourage everyone within our Trust to feel optimistic about the future and how they can shape it
• We support all individuals in developing resilience to enable them to respond to change and grow as a result
• We value and support the wellbeing of all individuals who learn and work in our schools
• We provide equality of opportunity and experience for all
• We provide a safe and secure learning environment for all
Websites – www.onslow.herts.sch.uk / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
Arranging a visit to Onslow St Audreys School
Please contact Dawn Gamble - firstname.lastname@example.org