- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time, term time
30 hours per week. Term time only plus 3 additional days
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £19,312,00 per annum
- Actual salary
- 13,278.30 per annum
Inclusive Learning Support Assistant
Actual annual salary: £13,278.30
Salary Scale Point 5 (range 5-6)
Pattern of hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am to 3pm with half an hour unpaid lunch (total 30 hours each week) Term time only, plus 3 additional days
Part time hours may be available
Join a leading school which prides itself on the high quality of education, enrichment and care provided to all and is committed to the wellbeing of students and staff.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and adaptable Inclusive Learning Support Assistant to join our established Inclusive Learning Team in a school judged by OFSTED as ‘Outstanding’ in all areas, a school where both student achievement and attitudes to learning are amongst the best in the region. We are a fantastic learning community, set in one of Yorkshire’s most scenic areas, whose facilities have been further enhanced by the completion of a multi-million-pound refurbishment and expansion project.
If you have the ability to engage and enthuse our students coupled with the drive and commitment required to be an exceptional member of our team, then we would like to hear from you.
Ilkley Grammar School is an outstanding, vibrant 11-18 comprehensive, with over a 400-year tradition of serving the local community. We are committed to Personal Best as reflected in our Vision and Values:
“Our vision at Ilkley Grammar School is to provide an exceptional, inclusive learning experience at the heart of our community. Our students will achieve their academic personal best and will be equipped with the confidence and skills to make a positive difference to their own lives and the lives of others. We will achieve this through modelling our core values and attributes in the way we work together.”
We are the founding school of Moorlands Learning Trust and a member of the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance with a firm commitment to school-to-school support and developing highly effective collaborative practices.
We are looking for:
• To work as directed in supporting and enabling students with additional educational needs.
• To work as a partnership with the teacher in the classroom to ensure students are able to achieve their personal best.
• To report back to the Assistant Headteacher: Inclusion & Personalisation about student progress
In return for your commitment, we can offer:
• the opportunity to make a real difference
• students with ‘highly positive attitudes to learning’
• Personalised CPD with a strong commitment to professional growth and developing individual career paths
• a commitment to mobile technologies with iPads issued to all teaching staff and students
• a very calm and orderly school with high expectations and an ethos of trust and care
• a committed and established staff
• very supportive leadership team, parents and Governors
• a location on the edge of Ilkley Moor in beautiful Wharfedale which has recently been judged to be the best place to live in the North and Northeast of England
Applying for the job
For further details, including our specific application requirements for this post, please visit our school website More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.