Key Stage 2 Classroom Teacher
Required from January 2020, we are seeking to appoint a Classroom Teacher to teach Key Stage 2. Our schools are highly inclusive and have very high expectations of what our pupils can achieve.
This post is based at Exbourne Church of England Primary School, however, you may be required to work across all of our MAT schools, as directed.
You need to be:
• Able to inspire and engage children in their learning.
• Able to develop our school ‘To Outstanding’.
• Creative and flexible in your approach to the curriculum.
• Reflective and committed to developing your own practice.
• Inclusive and knowledgeable about the ways that children learn.
• Show commitment to our values and vision for our pupils to ‘be the best they can possibly be’.
Exbourne Church of England Primary school works in partnership with The Dartmoor Federation cluster of schools, comprising: Okehampton College; Boasley Cross; Bridestowe; Lydford, Highampton and Northlew and Ashbury Parochial Church of England Primary Schools.
In January 2018 The Dartmoor Federation group of schools converted to academy status and formed the Dartmoor Multi-Academy Trust in partnership with two other Secondary schools – Tavistock and Holsworthy – and seven other primary schools – Bradford; Bridgerule; Black Torrington; Okehampton, North Tawton; South Tawton, and Chagford. We are excited by the opportunities for sharing good practice and resources and for staff development.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please telephone the school direct on 01837 851205 to arrange a suitable time for your visit.
All schools in The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
For further details and to request an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01837 650917
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified Teacher Status
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
1. To maintain a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the teaching of your subject(s) and take account of wider curriculum developments which are relevant to your work.
2. To plan lessons/activities and sequences of lessons to meet pupils’ individual learning needs.
3. To use a range of appropriate strategies and follow School/College policies for teaching/tutoring, behaviour management and classroom management.
4. To do all that you can to ensure that you safeguard and promote the welfare of students/pupils/children in the School/College.
5. To set well-grounded expectations for students/pupils/children in your teaching and tutorial groups using information about prior attainment.
6. To assess, monitor and record the progress of students/pupils/children in your teaching and give them clear and constructive feedback.
7. To regularly use the school’s tracking system for assessment.
About Exbourne Church of England Primary School
- Exbourne, Okehampton, Devon, EX20 3SQ
- Exbourne Church of England Primary School website (opens in a new window)