Key Stage Progress Leader
Overall Role and Remit
1. Create a cohesive culture/ethos within the year group/KS – achievement, progress, aspirations, high expectations, respect for self, others and environment.
2. Achievement and progress of all students, and groups of students in the Key Stage (KS).
3. Achievement and progress of all students, and groups of students, in a year group (KSPL will be Year Progress Leader to a year group)
4. Use of data to pinpoint underachievement/intervention. Develop dialogue with students and parents with regards to academic progress and achievement.
5. Major escalated issues of behaviour in Key Stages- deal with students/parents/external agencies.
6. Work with/share good practice with departments/teachers when issues emerge.
7. Case Work - Complex needs - work with Personalised Learning Coordinator/YPL/SENCO/Safeguarding Officer
8. Monitoring overview of Attendance and Punctuality of your year group/KS. Lead on serious attendance issues.
9. Manage and lead a tutor team – focus on student progress and ensure that the tutor team have collective responsibility in adhering to the schools PDBW policies.
10. Ensure that the Year Student Manager fulfils/undertakes their role and remit.
11. QA of key stage PDBW
12. Lead/Manage Year Progress leaders in the KS to improve and embed PDBW at RHS.
13. Designated Child Protection officer
14. Key Stages
a) To be fully cognisant of KS learning methods.
b) To coordinate the learning from KS CPD programme.
c) To be fully cognisant of KS Options subjects, qualifications framework, including BEST8, and curriculum structure.
d) To oversee the KS2/3 or KS3/4 options process with the YPL
e) CEIAG throughout the KS to ensure strong and successful destinations
13. To ensure full and appropriate engagement with school & participation in enrichment activities
Are you passionate about education and have a flair for working with young people? Do you want to be part of a team that is committed to the pursuit of excellence, ensuring that every child fulfills their potential academically, socially and emotionally?
An amazing opportunity has just become available for a talented, dynamic, ambitious and experienced teacher to take on the role of Key Stage Progress Leader. You will be required to lead and drive the personal development, behaviour and welfare of students across a key stage.
Essential educational requirements
Good Degree and/or PGCE
Qualified Teacher Status
Appropriate qualifications, experience and any other requirements needed to perform the role in relation to safeguarding/child protection and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Essential skills and experience
• Track record of excellent examination success for students of all abilities
• Excellent subject knowledge.
• Evidence of being able to lead, manage and be responsible for initiatives/developments.
• Evidence of working with other professionals as part of a team.
• An understanding of how to use assessment to inform planning for good teaching and learning.
• Experience of personal involvement in the wider curriculum.
• Experience of working effectively, with tangible outcomes, within a school pastoral team
• High level communication (both orally an in writing) and presentation skills applicable to a range of audiences.
• Ability to think creatively and imaginatively to solve challenges.
• Ability to build good relationships with students and colleagues.
• Ability to work with initiative, as an individual and as a team member.
• Well-organised with the ability to maintain accurate records.
TLR 1B £9,661 pa
About Rainhill High School
- Warrington Road, Prescot, Merseyside, L35 6NY
- Rainhill High School website (opens in a new window)