KS2 Class Teacher
• Carry out teaching duties in accordance with the school’s schemes of work and the learning and teaching policy, ensuring teaching of the highest quality.
• To use a range of strategies to motivate different groups of pupils ensuring there is appropriate pace and challenge in lessons for all pupils.
• To create a stimulating, organised, interactive and informative learning environment which will motivate each child.
• To work co-operatively as part of a year team including planning work for support staff.
• To monitor and assess pupils work, using these assessments to inform planning and set targets to ensure continuity and progression.
• Develop understanding of learning needs and the importance of setting high expectations and raising achievement of pupils.
• To set clear expectations for maintaining high levels of learning behaviour in line with the school’s behaviour policy.
• To work in partnership with parents and other members to promote the well-being and educational progress of each pupil.
• To actively take part in professional development, sharing expertise and experiences as required.
• Keep appropriate and efficient record, integrating formative and summative assessment into planning.
• To actively extend own professional learning via study, attending INSET and reading to keep abreast of new developments.
• Work alongside other members of staff to review and innovate the curriculum.
• To engage, motivate, challenge and support children to make good progress.
• Intervene where pupils are not making progress.
• Make effective use of ICT to enhance learning and teaching.
• Uphold the agreed staff code of behaviour.
• Participate in the School’s appraisal system.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
About St Antony's Catholic Primary School
- Mornington Road, Woodford Green, Essex, IG8 0TX
- LA Maintained School
- St Antony's Catholic Primary School website (opens in a new window)