We are seeking a highly effective teacher to join our friendly, ambitious and forward thinking team.
You will have to work hard here but only on the things that make a difference. We want to recruit people who are passionate about making a positive impact on our children’s lives and want to challenge themselves to keep on improving. Our working relationships are positive and supportive as we strive to keep our evidence based practice the best it can be.
We are looking to employ a KS2 Class Teacher who will work well as part of our successful school team, with supportive colleagues and governors who ensure that all pupils make outstanding progress from Nursery through to Year 6.
We offer an excellent caring environment in a bright, well-resourced school where you will have the opportunity to either start or advance your career within a supportive community school. We have enthusiastic and polite children, whose excellent behaviour is often commented on. Following our recent short inspection when Ofsted found ‘the school continues to be good’, the inspector also commented ‘The school’s ethos is very inclusive and all pupils are given opportunities to thrive’.
Our school is developing all the time. We have implemented a curriculum whose drivers are possibilities, community and independence. We are a school at the heart of our community, and we feel it is important for our children to have a developed sense of their locality and be proud to be part of it.
Together with our curriculum our pedagogic principles underpin the school culture.
- We believe that we can all improve as teachers
- We believe we can all improve, children learn from staff as well as from each other.
- We believe in the potential of all children to learn
- We engage in deep thought about challenge and quality
- We provide opportunities to practise skills that have been learnt until over time automaticity is achieved.
- We sequence all learning in to small steps with children’s starting points taken in to account
- We have an openness to feedback
- We develop worked models that communicate quality and success
- We take ratio in to account where over time learners take on more of the learning load
- We believe that children should be given feedback at all points of the learning journey
We focus single-mindedly upon providing the best teaching we possibly can for our children. If you want to become an even better teacher than you are now and want to work hard on your practice, then this will be the school for you.
Working in a school where you are not aligned with the culture can be a miserable experience. So…we both need to have alignment if you come to work here!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Any appointments will be subject to satisfactory medical checks, references and an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.