Part Time KS2 Teacher
We are seeking to appoint a KS2 teacher for September 2021.
0.4 FTE (Thursdays and Fridays) The school closes at 1.30 on Fridays and your PPA sessions will be allocated to a Friday afternoon.
We are looking for a highly effective classroom teacher within Key Stage 2. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious teacher to join our dedicated staff team. Join us in this role and you can expect full support from the school’s Senior Leadership Team and governing body.
The successful candidate will be:
• An inspiring and motivated teacher
• Committed to excellence, inclusion and high expectations
• Highly effective in the planning, delivery and evaluation of all lessons
• An effective organiser with good interpersonal skills
• Able to foster and maintain a positive relationship with pupils, colleagues and parents.
In return we offer you:
A welcoming school
• Excellent and committed staff & governing body who have a great team ethos to ensure that every child achieves their full potential.
• Opportunity to work as part of the Tonbridge Federation and good opportunities for career progression and professional development
We welcome you to visit the school. Please telephone the school office to arrange a visit. 01732 350601
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
153 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Long Mead Community Primary School
Long Mead Community Primary School is situated in Tonbridge. Its situation is excellent, having a large playing field and playgrounds, surrounded by woodlands yet close to the town. Forest School Studies are now offered on site as part of our curriculum using our wonderful grounds, and our own trained member of staff.
We have one of the few integral nursery schools in Kent enabling all children to benefit by being part of the school community from the age of three.
Through an ethos of honesty, mutual respect, care, ambition and tolerance, Long Mead promotes, in partnership with all parents, an environment where every child is able to fulfil their potential.
Long Mead is joined with Hugh Christie School to form the Tonbridge Federation. The Federation has a joint governing body and is managed by an Executive Principal (Mr Jon Barker) Long Mead pupils benefit from being in a federation as it gives our pupils access to resources not usually available in a small primary school and also benefits from joint activities across the two schools.
Arranging a visit to Long Mead Community Primary School
Please phone Long Mead Community Primary School directly on 01732 350601