Are you looking to develop professionally as part of a passionate and creative leadership structure?
Are you eager to make your mark on the curriculum of a visionary school?
If the above resonates with you, an exciting opportunity has arisen in Salisbury for you to be part of the successful team shaping the Trust’s vision for education at St. Peter’s CE Primary Academy. Our school has grown significantly since we opened in September 2018 and we anticipate that we will begin the next academic year with eight classes. Our school motto is, “Strive Beyond; Defy Limits,” and we have stayed true to this at every decision point in our first 18 months of existence. Consequently, we have established a happy and driven school in which curriculum and pedagogy are able to flourish. We are looking for an exceptional classroom practitioner who is ready to take on the challenge of leadership and drive this vision forward.
The post will combine a teaching commitment and dedicated leadership time in which the successful candidate will make significant contributions to curriculum development, teaching standards and pupil outcomes.
St Peter’s is a welcoming and stimulating environment which enables all children to thrive. We have developed an active, exciting and fast-paced curriculum which seeks to stimulate, engage and stretch all our children whilst engendering them with a lifelong love of learning. Through personalised learning and extremely high expectations, all children are able to flourish and experience success. We are a strong, caring and supportive school community where children learn to take responsibility for themselves whilst being encouraged to value and care for others.
The successful applicants will need to:
· lead, inspire and motivate children and staff alike
· lead on curriculum development
· have excellent classroom practice and high expectations of their colleagues
· have a strong desire to improve their own practice further and contribute to wider school standards
· be willing to embrace, support and develop the Christian ethos of our school
· be a team player
In return we are proud to offer you:
· extremely enthusiastic children
· a supportive headteacher
· wonderful parents who are keen to be involved
· a strong team of governors
· CPD across the Trust
· fantastic career development opportunities
Essential educational requirements
Have qualified teacher status.
Have qualified teacher status.
• Proven experience of teaching in EY or a key stage.
• Use of ICT to support teaching and learning.
Essential skills and experience
Be an excellent teacher.
• Have capacity to lead improvements in curriculum and teaching across a key stage.
• Ability to differentiate for individuals.
• Have an understanding of learning styles and child development.
• Be able to work as part of a team.
• Have the ability to lead curriculum subjects.
• Use data to inform school target setting.
• Experience of line managing colleagues in school.
• Strength in foundation subjects
About St. Peter's CE Primary Academy
- Xanten Way, Salisbury, SP2 9FL
- Free School