KS2 TEACHERS - 1 Full Time Teacher and 1 Part time Teacher
The Governors of this 2 form entry school are looking to appoint highly committed and passionate Teachers for Key Stage 2, who would like to enhance their skills and develop their career by joining our inspirational and supportive team on their journey to becoming a ‘good school’ and moving the education of pupils forward.
A TLR may also be available for appropriately qualified candidates, and we will also consider applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs).
You will be expected to:
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
• Work in a creative and inspirational way with high expectations and be committed to raising standards
• Have a flexible and positive approach to challenge and change.
• Have excellent communication skills and a commitment to working as part of a team
• Committed to the principles of inclusion
• Have high expectations of behaviour
Town Junior can offer you:
• A fantastic opportunity to drive school improvement in a small school, rich with potential
• An enthusiastic and talented staff team who are passionate about the children in their care.
Essential educational requirements
Degree and QTS
Degree and QTS
Essential skills and experience
• A record of good or outstanding teaching
• Experience of contributing to school improvement strategies
• Excellent subject knowledge of the primary curriculum, particularly in relation to Literacy
• Thorough knowledge of end of KS1 and KS2 SATs, and use of other assessments to inform learning
• Knowledge of National Primary Curriculum and strategies in relation to assessment without levels to measure pupil attainment
• Knowledge of pupil target setting, tracking and analysis
THE HEALTH SCHEME FROM BHSF
Staff can volunteer to pay into the BHSF health cash plan which is designed to take the financial burden out of looking after your health. As an employee, you benefit from corporate rates, which are approximately 30% lower than direct premiums. Premiums can be deducted directly from your salary and start from £7.63 per month or £13.65 per month for a family membership.
The School’s Employee Assistance Programme is BHSF Connect.
BHSF Connect is a mobile solution that extends beyond the workplace, providing you with 24/7 access to a range of health and wellbeing services, as well as discounted gym membership. BHSF Connect also provides access to an online voluntary discounts platform providing a range of offers and discounts from well-known retailers and high-street brands e.g. Marks and Spencer’s, Boots, Argos and B & Q.
TAX-FREE BIKES FOR WORK – CYCLE SCHEME
Plantsbrook are part of the Cycle Scheme which means you are able to sign up to the scheme in order to obtain bicycles and safety equipment whilst saving income tax and national insurance. You can obtain a bicycle and safety equipment up to a limit of £1000. The scheme works by having the bike and equipment cost taken from your gross salary. Hence, you can spread the cost of a new bike over either 12 or 18 months.
A supportive Special Leave Policy
Open door policy to access Senior Leadership support
No expectation of answering email outside school hours
Flexible working supported wherever possible
Free car parking
About Town Junior School
- Ebrook Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B72 1NX
- Town Junior School website (opens in a new window)