Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (52 Weeks)
Main Scale £25,714 to £36,961
Two full-time KS2 Teachers required for our wonderful children for September 2021 or earlier!
Main Scale: £25,714 to £36,961
We have two fixed term teaching roles available in KS2 from September 2021 to August 2022.
Our children would like a teacher who is clever, creative, brave and inspirational to help them learn. They would like someone who looks smart and has beautiful manners. They want a teacher who is generous, understanding and supportive, strict but fair and with a sense of humour. They are looking for a good listener who is patient, caring and kind, happy to be in school and who would take pride in their achievements.
As you can see we offer children with a great sense of humour who love to learn and have fun. We are a large thriving and vibrant school with hard working teams and a strong work ethic.
Applying for the job
Our application pack is on our website, please see link below or email Mrs Cowie on
More on how to apply
Local authority maintained school
277 pupils enrolled
7 to 11
About Calcot Junior School
Calcot Schools was originally built in 1937 and consisted of just three classrooms. We have evolved quite significantly now and we now consist of the following:
• A purpose built nursery school with its own outdoor play area and equipment.
• A dedicated foundation stage 2 area with three classrooms and their own large outdoor learning area, which has a covered learning area, outdoor classroom, play equipment and pond.
• Six classrooms for our Year one and Year Two children, all of which have interactive whiteboards and wireless internet capability.
• Two newly refurbished libraries. One located in the Infant building and the other in the Junior School building.
• A vast number of Chromebooks, laptops and iPad-enough for one class per year group to use at the same time.
• Four playgrounds and a lot of landscaped grounds, including a quiet area and picnic areas. • Forest school site which is used daily by our infant children for outdoor learning and forest school sessions.
• A heated outdoor swimming pool, which is used throughout the summer term. Our teachers (those who want to) are trained and deliver swimming lessons every week during the summer months.
• Quiet, break out spaces for children to work in small groups.
• Two staffrooms (with every teacher’s life line- tea and coffee)
• Two school kitchens. We cook and provide our school meals.
• Two Family Support Workers, with their own offices. They provide support to our families and also deliver ELSA work to our children.
Arranging a visit to Calcot Junior School
Please have a look at our virtual tour on our website
If you would like to visit the school, it would have to be after 3.30 p.m. and before the closing date of Thursday 25th February, please email Mrs Cowie on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.