Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
English, Mathematics, Science
Fixed term (12 months)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational KS3 Intervention Teacher to deliver intervention and additional support in Maths, English and Science. We are looking for candidates with the determination to secure the best outcome for each student.
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate the following characteristics:
• evidence of good quality teaching and subject knowledge specifically a good knowledge of science and being comfortable delivering science interventions;
• a commitment to high standards and outcomes;
• an understanding of how to use assessment to inform planning for excellent teaching and learning;
• the ability to differentiate materials to meet the needs of the learners;
• evidence of good classroom management skills;
• the ability to work with the needs of the students and parents in our culturally diverse community;
• a willingness to contribute to enrichment activities;
• the ability to organise and prioritise your own workload whilst working alone, and as part of a team;
• a confident and competent approach to the use of ICT to engage students in their learning.
Applying for the job
The preferred method of application is electronically via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be made using Stretford High School’s application form. Please note CV’s will not be accepted.
The job description and application form are available on the School’s website: www.stretfordhighschool.com .Informal enquiries about the post can be made to Jessica Craney: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is: 9am Monday 8th February 2021
Interviews will be held on: Friday 12th February 2021
Local authority maintained school
913 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Stretford High School
Stretford High School is a non-selective 11-16 School based in the selective Local Authority of Trafford. The School serves a richly diverse local community and is recognised for its excellent practice supporting vulnerable students. The delivery of a broad and rich Curriculum ensures that students access learning which is relevant and in the best interests for all. An array of extra-curricular activities enrich and supplement classroom learning. Student outcomes have improved steadily and securely in recent years and are now significantly above National Average.
The School is proud to be the Growth Company Lead School for Careers in the North West, having been awarded School of the Year in recognition of the quality of careers and enterprise opportunities made available to students. The student led newspaper is also a national award winner, having gained the accolade of First News Secondary School Newspaper of the Year for 2018- 2019.
Stretford High School enjoys strong working relationships with close neighbours Manchester United Foundation and Lancashire County Cricket Club.
Staff are valued highly and wellbeing is a priority. Colleagues benefit from the provision of bespoke CPD and access to external training opportunities. There are a range of financial benefits through the Perkbox scheme, access to gym membership, access to professional counselling and numerous day to day provisions in place.