A fantastic opportunity for a KS3 Science Lead to join the team her at West Walsall E-ACT Academyto help drive student attainment even further, raise the profile of scienceacross the Academy and the wider school community, and ensure we instil a passion for the study of science in all our KS3 students.
Reporting to the Head of Science faculty
- Strategically lead on improving progress and attainment in science.
- Be accountable for planning, monitoring, and implementing the science curriculum in order to inspire, motivate and influence staff and students.
- Lead on the planning and writing of KS3 assessments; analyse KS3 data; plan, implement and monitor the impact of intervention strategies to raise attainment in science
- Ensure whole school teaching and learning priorities are embedded within science
- Effectively mentor and appraise those colleagues for whom you have responsibility within the whole school appraisal policy.
- Lead teaching and interventions within science to improve progress.
- Be accountable for managing staff workload and wellbeing within your subject area.
What the trust offers in return:
- Teacher Pensions
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps