A fantastic opportunity for a KS3 Science Lead to join the team her at West Walsall E-ACT Academyto help drive student attainment even further, raise the profile of scienceacross the Academy and the wider school community, and ensure we instil a passion for the study of science in all our KS3 students.
Reporting to the Head of Science faculty
- Strategically lead on improving progress and attainment in science.
- Be accountable for planning, monitoring, and implementing the science curriculum in order to inspire, motivate and influence staff and students.
- Lead on the planning and writing of KS3 assessments; analyse KS3 data; plan, implement and monitor the impact of intervention strategies to raise attainment in science
- Ensure whole school teaching and learning priorities are embedded within science
- Effectively mentor and appraise those colleagues for whom you have responsibility within the whole school appraisal policy.
- Lead teaching and interventions within science to improve progress.
- Be accountable for managing staff workload and wellbeing within your subject area.
What the trust offers in return:
- Teacher Pensions
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job post has expired.