|Working pattern||Full-time only|
We are looking to appoint a motivated, outstanding practitioner to lead Acklam Grange’s new ASD Base. The successful candidate with join a dedicated team in ARC Services.
Acklam Grange School ASD Base aims to provide a supportive education for students on the autistic spectrum in meeting all their needs and helping them to prepare to live independent lives in modern day Britain. Students accessing the base will have the advantages of a small-scale, specialist provision, tailored to young people on the autistic spectrum. This will be combined with the opportunities provided by the resources and expertise of the mainstream staff. Students will, where appropriate, mix socially and learn together with the students from the wider school community.
By embedding the ethos of PRIDE, our curriculum will emphasise personal and social development alongside academic progress. We will be ambitious for our students, carefully tailoring learning activities to meet individual needs and promote progress and wellbeing.
All students accessing the Base will have an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP).
Applying for the job
Please use the attached application form and return to email@example.comMore on how to apply
|School size||1442 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Acklam Grange School website (opens in a new window)|
About Acklam Grange School
In November 2017 Acklam Grange School established an Army section of the Combined Cadet Force (CCF) to provide compliment the opportunities available to our students. AGS CCF offers our students a broad range of challenging, exciting, adventurous and educational activities. Our aim is to enable the development of personal responsibility, leadership and self-discipline.
Acklam Grange School and Linthorpe Community Primary School converted to academies on 01 July 2018 and are co-founders of The Legacy Learning Trust multi academy trust, with a shared vision:
Placing learners and learning at the heart of all that we do
Acklam Grange School is a large, 11 – 16 urban, multi-cultural secondary school (NOR 1446) with
first class facilities in new campus-style BSF buildings. We place the students at the heart of all that we do.
We gained Teaching School status in 2017 to provide high quality training, development and support to new and experienced school staff.
We place the students at the heart of all that we do. We offer you:
• A school ranked in the top 20% of in the country for student progress for five years running.
• A school with a broad and balanced curriculum where all subjects are valued and students are taught through pathways.
• National Award winner for ’Outstanding Secondary School Progress 2018’ by the Education Business Awards.
• The top performing school overall in Middlesbrough for five years running and ranked one of the top 5 in the Real Schools’ Guide of Teesside state secondary schools for 3 years.
• Consistently outstanding GCSE results across all subjects for 3 years running, with 27 subjects performing above national.
• 76% of students achieved a standard pass (9-4) in English and Maths and 50% achieved a strong pass (9-5) for 2020.
• A nationally recognised, bespoke professional development programme – AGS Inspire.
• A comprehensive, inclusive, family working environment firmly rooted in our local community.
• A commitment to both academic and pastoral success with SMSC as a driving force and strength.
• Staff well-being package supported by a serving NHS practitioner which is nationally recognised.
• SSAT Award winners for 6 years running.
Lodore Grove, Middlesbrough, TS5 8PB