Lead for Computing 0.6
The Beaulieu Park School, Chelmsford
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We are looking to appoint a Lead for Computing (0.6 – three days) to play a pivotal role in the development of our Computing department. This is a genuinely unique opportunity to take on an exciting role at the first ‘all through’ school in Essex.
1. To provide strategic direction for the Computing Department
2. To be accountable for the highest standards of teaching, learning and student achievement in the department.
3. To lead, develop and enhance the teaching practice of all teachers of Computing evaluating the quality of teaching, securing and sustaining the effective delivery of the subjects.
4. Ensure curriculum coverage (by schemes of work and syllabuses), continuity and progression for all students including those of high ability, disadvantaged students and SEN.
5. Ensure effective development of students’ literacy, numeracy and ICT skills through the curriculum.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified teacher status or evidence of successful completion of PGCE or alternative training qualification (Schools Direct etc.)
Essential skills and experience
Experience of having worked successfully (either as teacher or as part of a placement) in a large secondary school setting
Proven, successful teaching experience in previous schools
Good knowledge of curriculum development and improvement
Knowledge and understanding
of current and future curriculum changes
Appropriate training and a willingness to continue training to manage the key areas and tasks outlined in the job description
Proven, excellent classroom management skills
Proven, excellent interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with students, parents and colleagues
An understanding of how students learn and improve their skills, knowledge and understanding
Evidence of good information
and communication Computing skills
Thorough knowledge and understanding of subject area and how it can effectively be taught across the spectrum of age and ability
Excellent knowledge of achievement methods and measurement
Employee Assistance Programme
|School type||Free School|
|Education phase||All Through|
|School size||60 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Beaulieu Park School website (opens in a new window)|
Armistice Avenue, Chelmsford, CM1 6DT