Lead Practitioner: Design Technology (Food & Nutrition Specialism)
Deadline is tomorrow
Job start date
1 September 2023
30 May 2023 at 11:59pm
25 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Part timejobs - 19.5 hours per week (0.6 FTE)
Full-time equivalent salary
- TSAT Leadership Scale (L5-9) pro rata £29,768 - £32,860 (£49,614 - £54,768 FTE)
What skills and experience we're looking for
The Portsmouth Academy is seeking to appoint a Lead Practitioner: Design Technology (Food & Nutrition Specialism)to join our team of committed professionals teaching our fantastic students from years 7 -11.This is a key appointment in the school's development and you will play an integral role implementing Teaching and Learning initiatives and strategies.The successful applicant will be dynamic, motivated and an outstanding practitioner who has a positive and open approach to learning.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached job description
- Be a qualified Teacher of Design Technology / Food & Nutrition and able to deliver to KS3 & KS4
- Be passionate about teaching and learning and improving the life chances of our students
- Excellent classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
- Experience of coaching and mentoring
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with staff, parents and students
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead a team effectively
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
What the school offers its staff
The Portsmouth Academy is focused on providing an inclusive education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities. The Portsmouth Academy’s vision and ethos is rooted in developing aspirational and self-reflective learners who are able to think for themselves and be valuable members of their community. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum in both KS3 and 4, placing significant importance on cultural capital alongside academic achievement.
What our Trust will offer you:
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to previously receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.
- A state-of-the-art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art, music drama and humanities.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- Generous employer contribution to the Teachers Pension Scheme
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You -A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
- A 'Refer a Friend' incentive scheme
- We work closely with Teach Portsmouth and The Portsmouth Education Partnership
- Free parking in our staff car park
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Portsmouth Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1128 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Portsmouth Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
“Leaders have dramatically improved the quality of teaching, learning and assessment… consequently, the quality of teaching, learning and assessment is consistently good and continues to improve.” – Ofsted, April 2017 - The Academy is focused on providing an inclusive education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities. The Portsmouth Academy’s vision and ethos is rooted in developing aspirational and self-reflective learners who are able to think for themselves and be valuable members of their community. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum in both KS3 and 4, placing significant importance on cultural capital alongside academic achievement.
Arranging a visit to The Portsmouth Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Portsmouth and Hampshire