Post Title: Lead Practitioner for Teaching & Learning: English
Start Date: Easter Start 2024
Hours of Work: Full Time, Permanent
Salary Grade: Lead Practitioner Range 1-7 (£47,707 - £54,909) (United Learning Pay Scale)
Responsible to: Head of English & Vice Principal for Teaching & Learning
Conditions of Service: United Learning Contract
Are you passionate about teaching English?
We are looking for a passionate Lead Practitioner to join our supportive English team at The Lowry Academy.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, outstanding Lead Practitioner for English with the energy, commitment, and subject knowledge to both expertly teach English to our students, and to develop our teachers, both within the English department and across the academy to become highly effective practitioners.
We are looking for a passionate and talented leader, who has the knowledge of what excellent English teaching looks like, and the ability to motivate and develop others. You will be working closely with the Head of Department to lead the English team to achieve positive student progress and outcomes.
At The Lowry Academy we have high expectations and believe every single child can achieve. Our staff are highly professional, and we are relentlessly ensuring those high standards are maintained so teachers can teach, and students can learn. We prepare children for future success and ask students to live our values of Aspiration, Respect, Confidence, Creativity and Resilience. To maintain this strong culture, we have non-negotiable expectations:
- All students arrive on time for their lessons. Students must arrive on time to be admitted to the lesson.
- All students are expected to have full equipment for every lesson.
- All students must think hard and work hard in lessons. Students are not allowed to opt out of their learning.
- The school has a straightforward approach to disruption to lessons. We follow a warn-remove policy where any student who disrupts learning, having been previously warned and given the opportunity to correct their behaviour, including opting out of work, is removed from the lesson.
- The Academy has zero tolerance for any act of defiance or disrespect towards staff or other students.
What can we offer?
- Competitive Teachers Pay Range, United Learning Trust’s Pay Policy applies
- The opportunity to save money across hundreds of major retailers, through Perkbox
- Disruption-free learning: a culture where teachers can teach, and students can learn.
- 5 INSET days per year +3 additional planning days each term, dedicated to subject knowledge development and planning/resource development to support in planning, resourcing, moderation and most importantly, workload.
- The benefits of working in a successfully multi-academy trust and full access to ongoing CPD, including enrolment on the Early Career Teacher programme for recently qualified colleagues.
- Access to our full programme of teacher development CPD and coaching as appropriate.
We are not just about academic success; we work hard to ensure that we role model the right behavior’s and provide opportunities for our students to develop the skills and understanding required to both be personally successful in the future workplace but also have a positive impact on the world.
Our aim is to prepare our students for adulthood and to be good citizens with high ambitions and the courage to exceed in their future. If you are passionate and share the same desire about changing the lives of students, we would like to hear from you.
We welcome visits to our academy so that you can experience the unique ethos of The Lowry Academy for yourself. If you would like to visit the academy, please contact Jannat Abutaeva (HR), on 0161 529 5177 or via email to Jannat.Abutaeva@lowryacademy.org.uk
We are a caring yet ambitious academy at the heart of our local community. We provide all our students with opportunities to strive toward academic excellence and develop interpersonal skills in order to make a positive contribution to society. We have a calm and supportive environment characterised by respectful relationships between staff and students. Through our clear focus on delivering excellent academic standards for all students, we put high-quality teaching and learning at the core of our approach.
In joining The Lowry Academy, you will also be joining United Learning, a successful Multi Academy Trust. United Learning schools work as a team and achieve more thorough sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum, and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resources, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff’s well-being. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call the best in everyone.
The Lowry Academy is committed to creating the best place to work, where all staff can reach their full potential. We believe in promoting and enhancing inclusion, diversity and equality and welcome and encourage applications from all areas of the community, who meet the criteria for the role, regardless of age, gender, disability, race, religion or sexual orientation. We look forward to receiving your application.
We reserve the right to close any adverts before the closing date once we have received sufficient applications.
The Lowry is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. This responsibility necessitates a child protection policy and robust procedures. Each student’s welfare is of paramount importance. Our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be read here.
This job post has expired.