Lead Practitioner of DT
Deadline is today
Start date details
30 March 2023 at 11:59pm
13 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Standard Teacher Working Pattern
- Lead Practitioner Scale (Outer London)
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
Join us in providing outstanding teaching and learning experiences for our pupils. We are looking for a qualified, experienced teacher to join Harris Academy Rainham as Lead Practitioner of Design and Technology.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, and, ideally, be able to show evidence of ongoing professional development
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching practice and excellent behaviour management
- Have experience of lesson observations and giving robust feedback
- Have experience of improvement planning and of implementing a range of strategies to raise student achievement, with evidence of success
- Be able to contribute to improving on the quality of learning and teaching and curriculum
- Have a proven track record of excellent results at KS3 and 4, and, ideally, experience of teaching to KS5
- Have experience of high quality pupil tracking and feedback practices
- Ideally, have experience of working with governors and of working in more than one school
What the school offers its staff
Harris Academy Rainham is a very popular and oversubscribed 11-16 academy which is part of the Harris Federation. We joined the Federation in September 2016 and there are exciting times ahead.
What makes us different:
- Our values are at the centre of our school and aren't simply a slogan on a website.
- We have a firm but fair approach to behaviour. This is built on the use of consistent routines and teaching our students how to behave.
- We deliver a knowledge rich curriculum that is developed by our staff to meet the needs of our students. The knowledge we teach takes our students beyond their everyday experiences and enables them to see the world differently.
- Our leaders are role models, they lead by example, admit mistakes, welcome opinions and love honest conversations.
- We are a staff united against educational disadvantage with a fierce determination to show our students the world beyond Havering.
What we can do for you:
- Great career progression both within our Academy and the Federation.
- Excellent professional development opportunities. As a Leading edge school we have been recognised as being at the forefront of educational thinking and research is central to all we do.
- Meaningful measures to manage workload – no graded observations, early finish on a Friday, no onerous marking requirements but sensible feedback policies.
- Bespoke support and line management from excellent leaders across the school.
- Opportunities for fantastic professional growth as the school develops a sixth from.
- A school where subjects are ‘front and centre' of all we do. The subject determines our pedagogy.
Further details about the role
You will play a leading and highly visible role in the improvement of teaching and learning of the Faculty and academic success of all students, ensuring the highest standards of teaching, learning and achievement and leading in the monitoring, evaluation and review of standards and provision in the subject area.
The general expectations of this role are:
- To collaborate as a member of the Lead Practitioner Team in order to build and realise the shared vision of excellence and high standards for all students.
- To account for students' performance in line with Academy procedures.
- To provide the Governing Body with relevant and accurate information relating to the Faculty's performance and development.
- To support and participate in the work of the Harris Federation, including strand or subject groups as appropriate.
- To contribute actively towards the formulation of all Academy policies and procedures, ensuring their consistent implementation.
- To ensure high quality teaching and learning in the Faculty or across the Academy.
- To participate in duties at lunch, break, before, during and after school the Academy day.
- To ensure that the subject knowledge of staff in the Faculty is exemplary.
- To ensure that behaviour in the Faculty is exemplary.
- To ensure that Schemes of Learning and Independent Work books are of a high quality.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Harris Academy Rainham
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 906 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Harris Academy Rainham website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01708 552811
At Harris Academy Rainham we hold that our academy should provide students with a deep sense of belonging to a caring community, the belief in themselves and their unbounded potential and the opportunities to become more than they thought was possible. These are the values that we hold to be true and that drive our academy forward. Harris Academy Rainham joined the Harris Federation (a not-for-profit charity with 25 years of experience in education) in September 2016. In joining Harris, we have become part of a family of happy and highly successful primary and secondary schools in London and Essex and have the benefit of a team of experts in education who can provide teachers and leaders at Harris Rainham with a great deal of focused support. We teach in mixed ability groups, except in maths, which is divided into sets. Where students need extra help, our teachers coach them in small groups or provide one to one support. Special educational needs are catered for with care and expertise. Academy Ethos: We combine the traditional Harris values of excellent uniform, behaviour and manners with a modern approach to teaching and learning. Working closely with families to ensure that students are supported and nurtured, we work hard every day to make learning accessible to all of our students.
Similar jobs nearby
Mossbourne Community Academy
100 Downs Park Road, London, E5 8JY
The Totteridge Academy
Barnet Lane, London, N20 8AZ
Subject Lead of Art and Design Technology
Harris Science Academy East London
Three Mill Lane, London, E3 3DU
Subject Leader - Design & Technology
Glenthorne High School
Sutton Common Road, Sutton, Surrey, SM3 9PS
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Essex, Southend and Thurrock