Lead Practitioner of Science
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
20 March 2023 at 11:59pm
10 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Directed
Full-time equivalent salary
- Lead Practitioner Scale (Outer London)
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
Join us in providing outstanding teaching and learning experiences for our pupils. We are looking for a qualified, experienced teacher to join Harris Academy Purley as Lead Practitioner of Science.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, and, ideally, be able to show evidence of ongoing professional development
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching practice and excellent behaviour management
- Have experience of lesson observations and giving robust feedback
- Have experience of improvement planning and of implementing a range of strategies to raise student achievement, with evidence of success
- Be able to contribute to improving on the quality of learning and teaching and curriculum
- Have a proven track record of excellent results at KS3 and 4, and, ideally, experience of teaching to KS5
- Have experience of high quality pupil tracking and feedback practices
- Ideally, have experience of working with governors and of working in more than one school
What the school offers its staff
At Harris Academy Purley our motto is ‘to learn, to think, to act'. It enshrines a core tenet of our philosophy and that is that education in the classroom is only the beginning of a young person's development and of education in general. Learning can only come to fruition once it is assimilated and an individual is able to think for themselves. In turn, thought must lead to action and practical application.
A motto cannot just be a soundbite so those values and that ethos will apply to all we do and will be the foundation of the educational and extra-curricular opportunities offered to our students throughout the year.
Our students, boys and girls aged 11-19, deserve nothing less than an outstanding education and our aim is to make sure that our students of today are prepared for whatever challenges await them in the future. For that to happen, our staff must be experts in their field and must always encourage individuals to reach their potential. The curriculum is designed so that students, regardless of starting points, will thrive in an educational environment where the rigours and demands of the different subjects are embraced and taught in a supportive manner without compromising the academic challenges needed for success at all key stages.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
Further details about the role
You will play a leading and highly visible role in the improvement of teaching and learning of the Faculty and academic success of all students, ensuring the highest standards of teaching, learning and achievement and leading in the monitoring, evaluation and review of standards and provision in the subject area.
The general expectations of this role are:
- To collaborate as a member of the Lead Practitioner Team in order to build and realise the shared vision of excellence and high standards for all students.
- To account for students' performance in line with Academy procedures.
- To provide the Governing Body with relevant and accurate information relating to the Faculty's performance and development.
- To support and participate in the work of the Harris Federation, including strand or subject groups as appropriate.
- To contribute actively towards the formulation of all Academy policies and procedures, ensuring their consistent implementation.
- To ensure high quality teaching and learning in the Faculty or across the Academy.
- To participate in duties at lunch, break, before, during and after school the Academy day.
- To ensure that the subject knowledge of staff in the Faculty is exemplary.
- To ensure that behaviour in the Faculty is exemplary.
- To ensure that Schemes of Learning and Independent Work books are of a high quality.
Commitment to safeguarding
About Harris Academy Purley
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1225 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Harris Academy Purley website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0208 681 1141
Harris Academy Purley is an oversubscribed 11-19 co-educational academy with currently 1050 students on roll, situated on the Croydon/Surrey border. Open since September 2009, we are judged Outstanding by Ofsted, and moved into a state-of-the-art new building in September 2012. We are a happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat on another with care and respect, combining traditional values of discipline and good manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology. The academy’s leadership team and staff share an expectation that each and every student who joins Harris Academy Purley achieves his or her “personal best”. With an emphasis on Enterprise, the academy strives each and every day to create a culture and ethos which promotes curiosity, initiative and leadership in all our young people.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher|Lead Practitioner of Ivrit
Harrow, Middlesex, HA3 9TE
Tanbridge House School
Farthings Hill, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1SR
Imberhorne Lane, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 1QY
Greig City Academy
High Street, London, N8 7NU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Surrey