Lead Practitioner of Science
Sir William Robertson Academy, Welbourn, Lincoln, Lincolnshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 1 to Lead Practitioners range 5, £40,162 to £44,324|
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic Lead Practitioner of Science to model, coach and further develop the teaching skills and the range of teaching strategies within Science and the wider school community. The successful candidate will be expected to work collaboratively with colleagues to enhance the quality of teaching and positively impact on pupil progress.
Applications are welcome from candidates with a successful track record in: planning lessons to facilitate independent learning; matching learning activities to the abilities and needs of students; and effective/constructive marking and assessment. The candidate will be expected to contribute to the teaching of Science across the entire age.
It is expected that the teaching commitment for the role will be in the region of 18 out of 25 lessons each week and that there may be an opportunity for a suitably skilled and experienced candidate to lead our mentoring of NQT’s with the school.
Essential educational requirements
A degree in Science or related subject.
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• A proven track record of raising and maintaining high educational standards in Science;
• Ability to teach across the subject, ability and age range.
• Good knowledge of relevant public examination specifications (GCSE and A Level);
• Good knowledge of different teaching and learning approaches;
• Good understanding of how to develop subject-specific skills and key aptitudes in students;
• Ability to motivate and enthuse others;
• Genuine liking for young people;
• Commitment to comprehensive education and personalising learning;
• High levels of initiative, self-motivation and resilience;
• Ability to evaluate the impact of lessons to develop future planning;
• Commitment to continuous professional development;
• An effective and creative team player.
We will offer you:
- competitive salary
- Excellent pension options within Teachers' Pensions
- Healthcare cashplan, including Employee Assistance Programme
- CPD opportunities through two Teaching School Alliances and PiXL
- Salary sacrifice schemes, such as cycle to work
- Staff Benefits Dashboard, including cinema, shopping & leisure discounts
|School size||835 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Sir William Robertson Academy, Welbourn website (opens in a new window)|
Main Road, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN5 0PA