About the School:
At Sheffield Park Academy, we pride ourselves on a team of staff who are supportive, friendly and dedicated to providing the very best teaching and learning for our students. Staff across the academy set a culture of high expectations and continuous improvement for students which, in turn, is reflected in the emphasis we place on continuing professional development (CPD) for our staff.
The academy has over 1,150 pupils and is situated in purpose-built £30 million premises, benefiting from excellent, state-of-the-art facilities and situated within ten minutes of major transport links in the city.
After a visit from Ofsted in October 2017, the academy maintained its ‘Good’ grading in all aspects of the inspection framework.
About the role:
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Lead for the RE Department, some experience of teaching Business or Social Science would be an advantage, from September 2022. RE is an established subject within Key Stage 3 with plans to begin in Key Stage 4 developing eventually to Key Stage 5. This is an exciting time to join the academy under new leadership and help establish us as the best school in Sheffield and create Sheffield’s influential young leaders of tomorrow. Our core value are ambition, knowledge and determination and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these values.
We are looking for someone who can provide outstanding leadership or quickly develop as an outstanding leader to ensure that learning and progress in RE continues on an upward trajectory. This role would suit someone who is looking to make the step into middle leadership or who is looking to build upon their current experience and success at that level. They must have high expectations for our students’ achievement and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence along with possessing the motivational qualities needed as a leader to bring students and staff with them. The role would suit an ambitious and hardworking individual who has aspirations to make rapid impact and progress to senior leadership in the coming years.
We will only consider candidates who can evidence a strong track record of success working with students in a similar context, be that at classroom teacher, head of year or head or department level and who have made a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
What we can offer you:
- An academy making rapid, sustained improvement.
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development program.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
- An ‘outstanding’ teacher with strong leadership qualities who can evidence significant progress and attainment from their students over a protracted period of time.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is resilient, dynamic and passionate about improving the life chances of all children in our community but also displays humility and a reflective approach to improvement
If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
To apply, please click on the ‘apply’ button to complete our online application form, CVs are not accepted. If you have any queries regarding this role please email email@example.com The closing date for this post is midnight on Sunday 4th December 2022. Interviews will take place soon after. Applicants are encouraged to visit the academy before applying, to arrange a visit please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employees will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an Enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
This job post has expired.