Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a dedicated individual to provide tailored support to our pupils. You will be committed to making a positive difference to young people’s lives and in supporting and developing their learning. Your intervention will help enable an outstanding learning environment for our young people, providing the support they need to succeed.
The successful candidate will be a committed team player with excellent organisational and technical skills. You will have the ability to effectively support learning and teaching, and to develop relationships across our school and the Star community.
You will have:
- Strong academic record including Maths and English GCSE grade C (or equivalent) or better.
- Practical experience of working with children within an educational setting (voluntary or paid).
- Working knowledge of the National Curriculum.
- The ability to work one to one, in small groups and with whole classes.
- The ability to contribute effectively to teachers’ planning and preparation of lessons.
The Olive School, Small Heathis a new primary school for 4 to 11 year olds that opened in September 2019. Like all Star schools, we have a leadership specialism.
We have an exemplary reputation for excellence in every aspect of school life. We provide a knowledge-based academic curriculum alongside a rich and diverse leadership programme that grows character and inspires charitable and social action. Our pursuit of educational excellence is based upon our fundamental belief that every pupil has the capacity to become a successful and inspirational leader.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps