At Q3 Academy Langley, we have the absolute highest expectations of behaviour and politeness from our students, and have several procedures that support and reinforce these ideals. We expect the successful candidate to comply with such procedures, understanding that when an Academy rows together, students can learn in a safe and consistent environment. In July 2018, we were delighted to have been one of the first schools nationally to have been awarded the prestigious Schools of Character award, reflecting our commitment to developing young people beyond the classroom.
We are seeking to appoint a passionate, dedicated and forward-thinking Learning Consultant (Teacher) of MFL who can teach both French and Spanish up to Key Stage 4. The successful candidate will be joining a team of excellent practitioners, who understand the ‘Langley Way’.
The Academy is looking for someone who has:
- Can demonstrate the ability or the determination and potential to be an outstanding learning practitioner;
- Teaching a timetable ofSpanish and French up to Key Stage 4 and all associated planning, marking and reporting in line with Academy expectations;
- Have excellent subject knowledge, and a passion to help young people learn
- Understand the importance of following set procedures in terms of Behaviour for Learning, and are willing to enforce rigorous expectations;
- Have a strong passion for their subject, and enjoy dialogue and discourse relating to their subject, and teaching and learning as a whole;
- Can demonstrate their willingness to be a team player, and work with an Academy that will support them fully;
- Believe that a full, inclusive curriculum and Academy starts with a positive attitude towards students.
- A desire to contribute to the overall success of the ‘Langley Way’.
Why you should work with us?
Your dedication & commitment is not only recognised, but highly rewarded;
- Opportunities for rapid progression across a growing Academies Trust;
- Complimentary tea and coffee;
- Access to our Employee Assistant Programme;
- Fun & interesting weekly staff incentives (weekly prizes, surprises and rewards following the previous week);
- Free parking;
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch (Family Breakfast and Family Lunch is shared with students, who serve one another);
- Consideration will be given to Flexible working/Part time hours where possible;
- The opportunity to work with a kind, collaborative and fun team of colleagues.
Please click 'Apply Now' and once fully completed, submit your application. Alternatively you can access all our vacancies via the TES website (www.TES.com) or you can request an application pack from the academy by emailingRBeardsworth@q3langley.org.uk.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Friday 30 September 2022
On our journey we are building a Diverse and Inclusive Community. We are aspiring to promote our Inclusivity, via Curriculum and Employee engagement. Together, we want to break down barriers, enjoy each individual and celebrate thevalue they bring to our Trust Family.
The Mercian Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment all offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website:
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
To access the Mercian Trust’s General Privacy Notice please access the website:https://www.themerciantrust.org/about/our-policies/Privacy%20Notice%20General%20-%20Approved%20Janaury%202021.pdf
If you wish to speak about this role further please contact our HR Advisor, Rebecca Beardsworth by emailingRBeardsworth@q3langley.org.uk.
You can access all our vacancies via the TES website (www.TES.com) or you can request an application pack from the academy by emailing RBeardsworth@q3langley.org.uk.