Learning Mentor - NJC Grade 4 Point 12 -17 pro-rata (18,855 - £21,474) Term Time only plus 10 days
Working with teachers and support staff colleagues within the school to provide
a complimentary service to address the needs of students who require support to overcome barriers to learning to raise their aspirations and achieve their full
Would you like to join an outstanding school where the emphasis is on learning and teaching, staff development and teamwork? Would you relish the opportunity to be at the heart of our journey to go ‘beyond outstanding’?
• passionate about working with young people and improving their life chances;
• naturally positive and forward looking;
• adaptable and flexible;
• a team player committed to personal excellence for students, colleagues and yourself?
We can offer you:
• an outstanding and forward looking school with stunning and unrivalled facilities;
• a professional, dedicated and supportive environment;
• a supportive staff and Senior Leadership Team;
• a school renowned for outstanding professional development opportunities;
• a school community committed to corporate excellence.
Essential educational requirements
• G.C.S.E Maths (Grade C minimum)
• G.C.S.E English (Grade C minimum)
• NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
• the range of potential barriers to learning faced by children and young people and how they can be overcome or mitigated to reduce their impact
• data protection, safeguarding and child protection issues and an understanding of appropriate action to take if a disclosure is made
• working with children and young people to overcome barriers to their personal, social or learning development
• using and integrating ICT as part of the learning process
• working in a team collaboratively to share ideas and achieve objectives
• completing paperwork, writing straightforward reports and undertaking clerical work
About The Radclyffe School
The Radclyffe School is a popular 11-16 maintained Foundation (Co-operative) Trust school in the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham. The Governing Body has direct responsibility for the employment of staff, its finances, the running of the school and the outcomes it achieves. It is a larger than average secondary school with 1500 mixed gender students on roll. The school is full in every year group. Over 70% of students are from ethnic minority backgrounds, most of whom are of Pakistani or Bangladeshi heritage. Some 30% of students qualify for free school meals or a clothing grant to help with the purchase of school uniform. We are proud that in an Ofsted inspection in November 2015, we were judged to be an Outstanding School, Outstanding in every category.
- Hunt Lane, Oldham, Greater Manchester, OL9 0LS
- LA Maintained School
- The Radclyffe School website (opens in a new window)