Learning Support Assistant
94 days remaining to apply
Start date details
Start of new term or academic year
31 August 2023 at 12pm (midday)
9 May 2023
- View all Part timejobs - Hours flexible up to 28.08 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Full-time equivalent salary
- £20,812 - £21,968
- 13,524.94 (dependant on length of service)
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for a candidate who is keen, motivated and able to work as part of a team. The successful applicant will preferably have experience of working in a school setting.
The successful applicant will have proven experience of working with children or young people and will be able to demonstrate commitment and expertise in improving educational and social outcomes. You will be enthusiastic, empathetic, patient and approachable, with a genuine commitment to supporting children’s learning.
Specific to this post:
- To support teaching and learning of a named SEND pupil/s as directed by the Learning Support Coordinator to help them achieve their expected levels of progress.
- Work with subject teachers to differentiate work and prepare for use by SEND pupils.
- To support the personal organisation and interactions of named SEND pupil/s, to enable them to participate fully in the Academy.
- To support the behaviour of named SEND pupil/s to help them remain in the classroom and participate fully in lessons.
- Collate information on student’s abilities as directed.
- Attend EHCP review meetings as directed.
- Support named pupils, providing individual advice and guidance.
- To support the physical needs of pupils, ensuring access to the curriculum and the academy buildings and activities.
- Be prepared to undertake training in the specific demands of supporting pupils with SEND.
What the school offers its staff
Please visit https://www.bayeducationtrust.org/job-vacancies/ to view the candidate information pack.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 165 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Paignton Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1448 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Paignton Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Please visit https://www.bayeducationtrust.org/job-vacancies/ to access the Candidate Information Pack.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Devon, Plymouth and Torbay