Learning Support Assistant
New Mills School, High Peak, Derbyshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£18,426 to £18,794|
New Mills School is a medium sized 11-16 secondary school based in the High Peak close to the Peak District National Park, yet within easy reach of the centres of Stockport and Manchester.
You will find New Mills School a warm and welcoming place, where we pride ourselves in our inclusive educational provision, courteous atmosphere, excellent student welfare and core belief in the power of education to transform lives. The personal qualities of the successful candidate and the ability to enhance and promote our values and ethos will be important criteria for appointment.
We are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to work as part of our team of Teaching Assistants, who support students with SEN. The successful applicant will also be expected to make a significant contribution to supporting and complementing the work of the teaching staff.
If you feel you share our values, have the vision and drive for excellence and want to be part of an enthusiastic, dedicated and well-resourced team, committed to ensuring that students fulfil their potential, then we would like to hear from you.
You should be a strong team player, looking forward to joining our school at an important time in its’ development.
Application packs can be obtained from, and should be returned to Garry Cash, School Business Manager, New Mills School, Church Lane, New Mills High Peak, SK22 4NR, or via email to email@example.com, or from the school website www.newmillsschool.co.uk.
Informal visits to the School are welcomed; to make arrangements or for further details about this vacancy please contact Garry Cash, School Business Manager, on 01663 743284.
New Mills School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including references and a Disclosure and Barring check.
Essential educational requirements
• GCSE in Maths and English at Grade A-C or equivalent, to demonstrate levels of numeracy and literacy
• Relevant qualification equivalent to National Qualification Framework Level 2
Essential skills and experience
Should have knowledge and understanding
• Classroom roles and responsibilities
• policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities, confidentiality
Will be able to:
• work with an individual or a group;
• reinforce teaching points during teacher input;
• clear up misunderstandings and sort out misconceptions;
• model acceptable behaviour;
• extend children’s thinking skills;
• assess children’s understanding of text and reading skills;
• assess children’s understanding of maths concepts;
• discuss with children their understanding of learning objectives;
• encourage good social skills;
• demonstrate good communication skills both written and spoken;
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||579 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||New Mills School website (opens in a new window)|
About New Mills School
Church Lane, High Peak, Derbyshire, SK22 4NR