The Learning Support Assistant provides support for students to aid them to become independent, co-operative and collaborative learners, both in groups and independently. The Learning Support Assistant will take an active role in the development of Support Plans and/or provision maps for students who require support and add value to what the teacher does in the classroom.
They must be creative, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Previous experience is desirable, but not essential and applicants must have a willingness to undertake any additional training as appropriate. We need someone who communicates well with young people to make a positive impact on the lives of those in the community we serve. We work as a team to support each other, both with the demands of our work and our wellbeing.
Applicants must have a GCSE in English and Maths or equivalent qualification
We have a strong focus on staff wellbeing, for example, staff surveys and an active staff wellbeing group. We firmly believe in developing our team and are committed to providing time and opportunities for ongoing CPD.
There are a wide range of staff benefits that are available to all members of staff employed directly by Aylesbury Vale Academy. Some of the benefits include:-
- A workplace fully committed to the principles of the DfE Wellbeing Charter
- Priority admissions for school staff
- Bespoke CPD that is often self-directed
- Free employee assistance programme - 24/7 phone line for free emotional, bereavement and financial concerns
- Well-embedded systems that provide clear structures at the same time as allowing individuals to work with autonomy
- 10% discount on pre-school places
- 10% discount on Primary wraparound care
- 25% discount on the use of the Lettings facilities (sport pitches, sports hall, drama studios, community suite, party rooms)
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful application will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and an online social media check. We also carry out Enhanced DBS checks every five years.
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and an online screening check. We also carry out Enhanced DBS checks every five years.
This job post has expired.