Annual or full time equivalent salary
- £22,979 to £24,243
- £19,827 to £20,917
Learning Support Assistant job summary
Are you a hard-working, enthusiastic and passionate about supporting the progress, outcomes and well-being of students? Do you want to be supported in your career development? Then come and join us at Turing House School.
Turing House School is seeking to appoint a highly motivated Learning Support Assistant or an aspiring Learning Support Assistant to join our energetic team in September 2022. This is a crucial role to ensure students with Special Educational Needs can access learning, fulfill their potential, and take part in all aspects of school life including exams. This position is suited to candidates with an interest in helping children succeed and a willingness to learn. Training will be provided. Please see the Learning Support team’s comments below about the role.
The successful candidate will:
• Be flexible, dedicated and passionate about supporting and delivering learning to enable students to progress, become independent learners and make at least expected progress.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and share the school’s mission and ethos.
Why work for Turing House School:
• In April 2022, we moved into our new permanent site in Whitton with state-of-the-art facilities.
• Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other.
• All staff are proud to be part of the school and feel supported by the open-door policy of Senior Leadership who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
• Please see our website or this link for our virtual open evening/morning events: https://www.turinghouseschool.org.uk/virtual-open-events-2020.php
• Excellent opportunities for ongoing professional development with cross trust support from RET and training catered to support your individual career.
• Smaller classes of 25-27
• Great support for ECTs including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and a successful induction programme.
• Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of the school’s priorities. Happy teachers make a happy school.
• Staff benefits include a laptop for all teaching staff, free flu jab, subsidised yoga classes, regular social events, weekly staff bulletins and staff appreciation shout out board.
• Free tea and coffee in the staffroom as well as free delicious meals from our catering company on days where you carry out break or lunch duties.
Here’s what our Learning Support Team has to say:
“Working as an LSA gives such an insight into school life from the student's perspective. It is so great to be impacting these children and young people's lives, enabling them to access the education each and every one of them deserves. I have had the joy (and at times challenge) of watching these students grow from young new students at Turing to confident, able young adults. To be part of that journey is an absolute privilege”.
"Working in the classroom is real teamwork. We work closely with the class teachers in planning and delivering teaching support and the students' really benefit from this".
“'I've only worked at Turing House since last September, and I can already say confidently how supportive and helpful everyone is. It really is a great team to work for, everyone genuinely gets on really well, which makes it such a nice environment to work in. Communication between everyone in the team is great, and from day one I've known that I can go and ask any one of them for help and support.”
“Our LSA team is filled with a variety of strengths, ideas and boundless enthusiasm. This is matched throughout the school by the passionate teachers, the great leadership from SLT and the incredible support staff. Then there are our students who are each unique and filled with so much potential that it is remarkable to witness. To be able to offer some support to them in the classroom, working closely with the teachers to impact their learning is rewarding beyond words. This is not to say that the students are perfect, far from it, they are young people on a journey, and you become a part of that journey for them. Every day is different, and it is never boring”.
“The team is very kind, warm and welcoming, they took me under their wings from day one and have been very supportive and helpful. I like working closely with many amazing children which allows me to get to know them and support them in a meaningful way”.
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us. Please visit our website to find out more about us and to download a recruitment pack.
The closing date for all applications is midday Tuesday 28th June. Interviews will take place shortly after. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by email and telephone.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Turing House School
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 19
- School size
- 665 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
Turing House School is an inspirational growing 11-19 secondary school. This September we welcomed our second cohort into our sixth form and we now have years 7 to 13. Our first six years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed with waiting lists for each year group. In May 2018, we were delighted when Ofsted judged as good overall with outstanding leadership and management as well as personal development, behaviour and welfare. In April 2022, we moved to our new permanent site, with state of the art facilities.
You will join us at an exciting time with the first academic year on our new site, providing an opportunity for an inspirational teacher to make a mark on the new school and develop your career with us.
Arranging a visit to Turing House School
If you would like to visit the school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 80696100