- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time, job share, term time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Fixed until 31/08/2022)
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £19,938 - £20,325
- Actual salary
- Actual starting salary £15,162.67
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT x2
ONSLOW ST AUDREY’S SCHOOL
Fixed Term to 31st August 2022, Term Time, plus INSET days, 33 hours per week
Part-time or job share considered
Monday – Friday 8.30am – 3.30pm (4pm one day a week)
H3.5, starting salary of £19,312 + £626 fringe allowance FTE (pro rata)
Actual salary including fringe allowance: £15,162.67 per annum
Required as soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint two enthusiastic and motivated candidates to join our existing team of committed and skilled support staff. The ideal candidates will work as part of the SEN team to provide support to those students who need it, either in class, in small groups or on a one-to-one basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our existing support staff at OSA.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to arrange a visit to the school and submit their application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
We would like you to have:
• Commitment to the safeguarding of children
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Ability to work in a secondary school environment as part of a team and build positive relationships
• Minimum of A Level (or equivalent)
• GCSEs grade C or above in English, Mathematics and Science
• Willingness to be adaptable and flexible with good sense of humour
• Be capable of managing difficult situations
• Willingness to undergo training
• ICT skills
We can offer:
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
• Please read the attached Appointment Brief before completing your application.
• To apply, complete the My New Term Application Form using the Supporting Statement section of the form to detail your suitability for the role, your motivation for making an application and how your knowledge, experience and training meet the person specification.
• The vacancy closes on Thursday 30th September 2021 at 9am, however, early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found.
• Interview date: as soon as possible thereafter
• If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further, please contact Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager on 07917 035962 or at email@example.com
Website: www.onslow.herts.sch.uk. / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
School Address: Old Rectory Drive, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 8AB
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: Dawn Gamble 01923 589699 / 07917 035962
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 798 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Onslow St Audreys School
Thank you for your interest in Onslow St Audrey’s School.
You would be joining OSA at an incredibly exciting time. We have recruited a fantastic group of teachers, leaders and support staff which has had a significant impact on the quality of provision, attitude to learning and attendance. This year’s results have been excellent and represent the third year of improvement in progress and achievement.
We have increased our numbers in the Sixth Form and the school is continuing to expand. This expansion has led to additional funding to build a new Science block, play areas and car park which will begin during the Autumn term 2020. We are also due to undertake a land sale which will provide us with a capital investment to build a new sports hall, 4G Astroturf pitch, social areas and some internal school projects.
Our last Ofsted inspection (May, 2019) recognised the positive changes that had taken place to date and this was reflected in the ‘Good’ judgements for Leadership, Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare and Sixth Form. This was reinforced by the Challenge Partners review in November 2019 where we were rated as ‘effective’ in all areas.
I am incredibly proud to be the Headteacher at OSA and the key to our continued improvement is recruiting the very best staff. We have worked hard to improve staff well-being and reduce workload in order to give staff the opportunity to thrive and flourish in their work environment.
We are part of the Danes Educational Trust and we offer a wide range of CPD opportunities and an excellent NQT and RQT programme of support. You can visit our website at www.onslow.herts.sch.uk for further information about the school including the school prospectus. If you would like to organise a visit to the school or if you would like to discuss any position in more detail then please contact Dawn Gamble (Recruitment Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Danes Educational Trust
The Danes Educational Trust currently comprises six schools: St Clement Danes School, Croxley Danes School, Chancellor’s School, Onslow St Audrey’s School, De Havilland Primary School and Elstree Screen Arts Academy. Dr Josephine Valentine OBE is the CEO of the Danes Educational Trust. She was Headteacher of St Clement Danes School for 20 years. She is a National Leader in Education, a DfE Advisor and has oversight of all five schools. If appointed, you will benefit from teaching within an established, outstanding Trust
The Trust’s core values are:
• We value joy in working, teaching and learning together
• We encourage everyone within our Trust to feel optimistic about the future and how they can shape it
• We support all individuals in developing resilience to enable them to respond to change and grow as a result
• We value and support the wellbeing of all individuals who learn and work in our schools
• We provide equality of opportunity and experience for all
• We provide a safe and secure learning environment for all
Websites – www.onslow.herts.sch.uk / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
Arranging a visit to Onslow St Audreys School
Please contact Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager at email@example.com or call on 07917 035962