Level 3 Teaching Assistant – Resource Base
13 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
15 June 2023 at 9am
23 May 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- Main Scale - Upper Pay Scale
What skills and experience we're looking for
We currently have an opportunity for a caring and highly motivated Teaching Assistant with experience in working within Early Years and/ or in supporting pupils with ASC to join our hardworking and committed team. This role would be working within our Early Years or KS1 Resource Base classes.
Topcliffe is a welcoming and inclusive one form entry mainstream school with two additional specialist resource base provisions which support pupils with Autism and/ or Speech, Language and Communication needs. We are very proud of what we have to offer, and visits are always very welcome!
We are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced in working within Early Years and/or SEND provision and understands the benefits and importance of play in developing communication skills and learning
- An inclusive practitioner with experience in supporting children with Autism and complex communication and sensory needs
- Passionate about making a difference to the lives of children and able to think outside of the box to support children with limited verbal communication needs using different a variety of communication tools and strategies
- An effective practitioner with high expectations to achieve the best outcomes for all
- A positive and creative team player
We can offer you:
- A supportive and caring culture linked to our well-being model
- A knowledgeable and friendly team
- Opportunities for your own continued professional development, both internally and through collaborative working across WHMAT
- An appraisal system that focuses on self-reflection and professional growth
- A full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, flexible working culture, contribution to glasses for DSE users
- Access to a range of supportive policies, such as Life leave, Flexible working and Family friendly policies
Informal conversations are warmly welcomed. Please contact Yvonne McAuley, 0121 675 6296 or email email@example.com to arrange a school visit.
What the school offers its staff
(NB CV’s will not be accepted)
We value our people and are dedicated to making sure that everybody feels empowered to bring their authentic self to work. We have an outstanding opportunity to work at Topcliffe Academy as a Teaching Assistant
We promise to treat all candidates fairly, consistently and with respect throughout the application, assessment, and selection process.
We are also “happy to talk flexible working” subject to the operational requirements of the role.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Topcliffe Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Topcliffe Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 255 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Topcliffe Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0121 675 6296
Arranging a visit to Topcliffe Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Senior Inclusion Support Worker
Birchfield Primary School
Trinity Road, Birmingham, B6 6AJ
Streethay Primary School
Yoxall Way, Lichfield, WS13 8FT
Apprentice Teaching Assistant - Coundon Primary School
Coundon Primary School
Forfield Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV6 1FQ
St Wulstan's Catholic Primary School
Elmfield Walk, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, DY13 8TX
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Birmingham and West Midlands