We have an opportunity to join our school as the School Librarian.
We are looking for someone that has a real love of reading and learning and who wants to play an active part in inspiring a love of reading in others. We have an already vibrant and thriving library, and below is a small list of some of things we want our Librarian to work on:
• Online presence with weekly recommendations
• Reading clubs
• Themed/ focus weeks
• Creating celebratory displays (eg: Black History Month or Pride…) with book
• Supporting induction for years 7 and 8
• Organisation of DEAR (drop everything and read) days
• Seasonal poetry competitions
• Supporting our Library helpers/ambassadors
• Promotion and supporting the running of Accelerated Reader
• Sharing borrowing data with Form tutors and LDYs
• Organisation of Guest authors / artists in residence
• Regular reading assemblies
• And much more!
Hours of work will be 8.30am - 4.30pm daily (4.15pm finish on a Friday); working term time only
Kingsmead is a large, mixed, oversubscribed school – easily accessible from both central London and surrounds – with loyal staff, an established standing in the community and a very strong track record. We are consistently above average in Progress 8 and A Level value added, with high Ebacc entry and a wide range of options at KS4 and KS5. Those outcomes are built on a calm, purposeful and collaborative atmosphere.
Despite the school’s size and standing, the Headteacher was appointed relatively young after experience of leading for a high-performing academy chain and in one of the most successful London boroughs. He has restarted the school culture and approach over the last few years and is determined to push it forward from being in the top 20% nationally to being somewhere where things are achieved others do not think possible.