We are looking for a Lunchtime Supervisor to join our dedicated team. The role is primarily to provide a safe environment for the children and to be responsible for supervising and assisting them over the lunchtime period.
This will include:
- Setting up of the hall and diner ready for lunch, which includes putting out tables and benches
- Supervision of the children while eating
- Clearing away of tables, benches and cleaning up the hall
- Supervision of the children at playtime, including playing and leading games with the children and supporting them to resolve issues
- Ensuring children are actively occupied during wet playtimes
The successful candidate will have:
- Good communication and listening skills
- An interest in working with and interacting with children
- The ability to work as part of a team
- An awareness of child protection issues
- An ability to problem-solve and communicate adequately concerning issues with staff and children.
We are proud of Hawthorn Community Primary School and welcome visits from prospective applicants. Visits can be arranged by contacting the school business manager, Jo Marshall, on 01536 512204.
Hawthorn Safeguarding Policies and Procedures are available on their website, which can be accessed at the following web address :
We occasionally close vacancies early in the event that we receive a high volume of applications. Interviews may begin soon after receipt of applications for shortlisted candidates, therefore we recommend that you apply early.
Being part of Pathfinder Schools offers a fantastic opportunity to develop yourself, as a Trust we actively encourage collaboration and the sharing of good practice; we believe that by developing a love of learning and having the highest expectations, all members of the Pathfinder Schools community can achieve and inspire greatness.
Pathfinder Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS, Reference, Identity, Criminal Record and Medical Checks are mandatory for all posts within Pathfinder Schools.
Pathfinder Schools is passionate about its values of collaboration, humanity and independence, we believe that when people feel respected and included they can be more creative, innovative, and successful. We are committed to an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our colleagues, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, ethnicity, age, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re committed to moving our Trust and the education sector forward.
This job post has expired.