This job expired on 5 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
3 July 2023
5 June 2023 at 9am
16 May 2023
- View all Part timejobs - 7.5 hours per week Monday - Friday 11:45am - 1:15pm 38 weeks per year
- Grade C Points 2 - 3 £20,441 - £20,812 per annum pro rata
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for a Lunchtime Supervisor to join our dedicated team. The role is primarily to provide a safe environment for the children and to be responsible for supervising and assisting them over the lunchtime period.
This will include:
- Setting up of the hall and diner ready for lunch, which includes putting out tables and benches
- Supervision of the children while eating
- Clearing away of tables, benches and cleaning up the hall
- Supervision of the children at playtime, including playing and leading games with the children and supporting them to resolve issues
- Ensuring children are actively occupied during wet playtimes
The successful candidate will have:
- Good communication and listening skills
- An interest in working with and interacting with children
- The ability to work as part of a team
- An awareness of child protection issues
- An ability to problem-solve and communicate adequately concerning issues with staff and children.
What the school offers its staff
- Well motivated children and supportive families
- An enthusiastic, friendly and dedicated staff
- A driven and determined SLT
- Loyal Governors
- A chance to work as part of our self-created Multi Academy Trust: Pathfinder Schools
Further details about the role
We are proud of Hawthorn Community Primary School and welcome visits from prospective applicants. Visits can be arranged by contacting the school business manager, Jo Marshall, on 01536 512204.
Hawthorn Safeguarding Policies and Procedures are available on their website, which can be accessed at the following web address :
We occasionally close vacancies early in the event that we receive a high volume of applications. Interviews may begin soon after receipt of applications for shortlisted candidates, therefore we recommend that you apply early.
Being part of Pathfinder Schools offers a fantastic opportunity to develop yourself, as a Trust we actively encourage collaboration and the sharing of good practice; we believe that by developing a love of learning and having the highest expectations, all members of the Pathfinder Schools community can achieve and inspire greatness.
Pathfinder Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS, Reference, Identity, Criminal Record and Medical Checks are mandatory for all posts within Pathfinder Schools.
Pathfinder Schools is passionate about its values of collaboration, humanity and independence, we believe that when people feel respected and included they can be more creative, innovative, and successful. We are committed to an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our colleagues, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, ethnicity, age, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re committed to moving our Trust and the education sector forward.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hawthorn Community Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 287 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Arranging a visit to Hawthorn Community Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
English Martyrs' Catholic Voluntary Academy
Willow Crescent, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6EH
Sacred Heart Catholic Voluntary Academy
Mere Close, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE5 3HH
St Gabriel's CofE Academy
Houlton Way, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23 1AN
Rothwell, Kettering, NN14 6BB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Northamptonshire and Northampton